Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD1 question

• 16-10-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, Just wondering where I can get linkers/suitable shoes for my SD1's the other ones have seen their best days :pac:
    Would appreciate any response!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

HatTrick53 wrote: »
    Hi all, Just wondering where I can get linkers/suitable shoes for my SD1's the other ones have seen their best days :pac:

Why can't you get a new issue from your QM?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HatTrick53

Hi Makikomi, thank you for the fast reply, I would go to him but he's not the most dependable, I'm still waiting on my name tag for the no.1's too (submitted them around nov '08) so i was just wondering would there be any place to buy them, as they are very basic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Dont know if you can buy them. approach him with yours state they are in unserviceable condition and say you are returning them to stores pending issue of replacements, demand to sign a form that you have returned them. pester him every chance every week over replacements. turn up on parade in sd1's and nike air max. thats how we approach it in our unit. our CQ is quick enough to get his job done however.

ps the air max thing.... well was joking about that bit! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The only acceptable boots are - Linkers for PDF and 24B for RDF. I would NOT purchase ceremonial boots because the Q can't do his job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

24B's are no longer purchased for RDF, we've started to get linkers as our replacements.

Id say this depends on the residual levels of 24B's still in stores in your unit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭ak51535

Are the 24B's the really old boots? and the Linkers the ankle high ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Morphéus wrote: »
    24B's are no longer purchased for RDF, we've started to get linkers as our replacements.

Thanks for the info - didn't know they were being introduced at all for RDF. Pretty stupid way of going about it though - you'll end up with some wearing linkers and others wearing 24B's, but hey, what's new there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

HatTrick53 wrote: »

This site has the best deals in quality shoes/boots. The one I've highlighted is the equivalent of the Linkers boot, but much better quality. You can scan the site for seconds... you'll never know the difference. I've bought there many times and they're really good. If you get your size wrong, they'll exchange them for you.
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?brandID=6&catID=42&shoeID=2867&selectedSizeID=9&selectedFitID=2&seconds=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭ak51535

Yeah they're the exact same! that's a good find!

ak51535 wrote: »
    Yeah they're the exact same! that's a good find!
    It's a great site/vendor. I've been wearing Church loafers which cost 350 usually and the seconds are 180. I know that that's still not cheap, but when you consider that you can have Barkers and Church shoes re-soled and heeled they'll last for years and years.

• Advertisement

Another link for military shoes.

www.sanders-uk.com

Advertisement