Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1950's & 1960's Sweets

Options
  • 16-10-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know its incrediable early to be talking about xmas, but trying to get a little bit more organised this year.

I want to pick up some "old style" sweets from the 1950's / 1960's for my dad, but when i look at a quarter of etc they all seem to be sweets that are still available now and nothing particularly different stands out.

Can someone give me some advise of where to pick up some good old memories from this decade and the best place to get them.. even some ideas of some favourites and i can gather them up myself.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not being from the 50s lol, I'm afraid I'm not much help, looking at a few of the sweet sites similar to a quarter of, all seem to show sweets you can still get now, as I guess some of the things you could have gotten back then might not be available now.

Sweet & Nostalgia

A quarter of

Penny Treats

Retro sweetshop

My free sweets

Most show all the same stuff I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

What about Hadji Beys turkish delight? Used to be made in Cork but disappeared in the 80's I think. Been relaunched by a Kildare company (i think) I came across it in Wrights shop in Dublin airport last weekend so maybe they have it in their other shops.

Advertisement