Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox media update problems

• 16-10-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

i downloaded the optional media update for the xbox so i could play my ipod on it and it doesn't work does any one know the problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ga2k10 wrote: »
    i downloaded the optional media update for the xbox so i could play my ipod on it and it doesn't work does any one know the problem

Ok, the media update allows you to play MP4 music on the xbox but doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to plug your ipod in and play all your music and video from it.

Here's a better option. Download TVersity, it's a free media server which allows you to access all your media content from your PC and play it through your xbox as an extender. Very similar to Windows Media Center but actually recognises a lot more audio and video codecs (if the xbox doesn't natively support it, it'll instantly transcode it into a format that the xbo will recognise). So you'll be able to access everything you have, not just what's on your ipod.

If you decide you like it, you can upgrade TVersity to the pro version which will allow you to access your PC's media files through your wifi network and get complete access to all you media on the ipod, assuming it's got a wifi connection on the ipod (Touch model, I think).

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

ya but the description on the update says "play music and media from your ipod"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ga2k10 wrote: »
    ya but the description on the update says "play music and media from your ipod"

Didn't know that it says that. What type of ipod do you have?

Advertisement