Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC help!

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi i've just moved into a new apartment, at my old house i had free sat.

In the new apartment there is a UPC box on the wall with an F Plug output, if i bought an F plug to coax cable would my tv pick anything up? I know this may sound like a really dumb question lol!
    Im a complete newbie when it comes to these things.

I tried connecting my freesat box to the upc box on the wall via the f-plug cable, did a blind scan using the astra and eurobird satalites and wouldnt pick up a thing.

Someone please help! :rolleyes:
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Call them and give them your payment details.
    More info here: http://service.upc.ie/service/?cid=115&aid=185

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hpreston1988

i was wondering if there was anyway to pick up any free stations? if i cant pick anything up through the upc box on the wall then i might aswell just get my freesat dish installed on the side of the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theres no free stations on a cable service; its a closed system and everything on there needs to be paid for.

Also youre wasting your time plugging a sat receiver into that TV point as it is not pointing at a satellite!

Advertisement