Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows recommendations?

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

My In-Laws house needs new windows, its in the Galway area.
    could anyone recommend suppliers in the area that would do a good job?
    They currently only have single glazing in old timber frames, several frames need replacing as well.

the requirements are roughly

2 No. 2.55x1.2
    2 No. 1.92x1.2
    1 No. 2.5x1.06
    2 No. 1.85x1.1
    1 No. 0.9x1.85
    1 No. 1.25x0.90

Front Door 0.9x2.1
    Back Door 0.9x2.1

They have very little money to spend at the moment, and cant see themselves affording to do it all now, so i would think as a minimum to exclude the doors, as they are in 'decent' condition.
    they could also postpone the windows in the extension, which would leave

2 No. 2.55x1.2
    2 No. 1.92x1.2
    1 No. 2.5x1.06
    1 No. 1.25x0.90

even this might be too much for them though,

so far they received 1 quote of €8000 for the lot. I had already said to them to ask for an itemized bill. so that they could try pick the ones they could afford to do, and maybe get the rest done next year. now i guess the person who quoted the price was probably trying to stop them just making a simple comparison of various quotes?
    regardless i will be looking into getting a few more to make sure of an average price. has anyone recommendation they would give?
    also anyone any views on the price received?

thanks to anyone that reply's and can give any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

Hi i fitted new PVC windows and doors in my parents house i got a few prices and settled on a deal with dalgan in shrule. they gave me a price for suppy and fit and supply only. there excellent windows and doors i have no complaints and would suggest them to anyone. i fitted them my self and saved a nice few quid in doing so. they even supplied me with silicone and expanding foam. worst part of the job is replastering the reveals luckily the old man was a plasterer so that kept him busy for a while!! i replaced the window boards with new ones i bought myself but dalgan did offer to supply new ones in timber or PVC

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

Thanks for the reply,
    we have gotten a very good quote from a company in monivea, Fahy and o'connors. thinking we will be going with them.

Advertisement