Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 orange slow moving lights??/

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

anyone else see these moving accross the sky over south dublin.the first one stopped while the 2 behind kept moving ,passing the 1st one out and then they all burnt out... if it was those chinese lanterns they sorry for this ,just looked like something else like shooting stars or something..saw them about 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

living northside dublin. Saw them over dublin airport approx north west about 8:30. Watched them and they just disappeared from view. Too high for a firework/helicopter. Definetly not jet. Very weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Nitxteha

I saw only one, and thought it was a plane on fire (I had a fright). It was pretty big at first and looked like a ball of fire that was heading towards us, after a while it looked like it changed direction and got smaller very fast.

Anybody knows what was that? Could it be a very big meteorite?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nari85

I saw something similar in Tralee last year. 3 bright lights moving in the sky. I checked youtube for something similar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCh92JUk14 the original video didn't have the menacing music and was longer

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Yep they were Chinese Lanterns alright! Saw them being released around my area Knocklyon, my friend pointed them out to me while they were rising slowly upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I really think mods here should make a HWIST* thread and stick it.

*Here's what I saw tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement