Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rapidshare

• 16-10-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Is rapidshare in decline? I just subscribed again. I notice a lot of people are leaving it. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the changes. It's cheaper than everything ever. Do you guys reckon I should subscribe to something else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

I have noticed a big decline when im looking for files to download via RS, my subscription is up next month and this will be the first year i wont be renewing, think il try HF as that seems to be used more.

They did themselves serious damage when they tried to bring in new changes a while back.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

It's cheaper than everything ever. Do you guys reckon I should subscribe to something else?

Have you checked your 'Rapids' recently? the new rates are definitely not cheap.

I would recommend hotfile.com. 40 euro a year, all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Amalgam wrote: »
    Have you checked your 'Rapids' recently? the new rates are definitely not cheap.

I would recommend hotfile.com. 40 euro a year, all in.

cr@p speeds on hotfile though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

AdrianII wrote: »
    cr@p speeds on hotfile though

I don't know how you came up with that but I download from hotfile all the time at around 1.7MB using Flashget.

SickBoy wrote: »
    I don't know how you came up with that but I download from hotfile all the time at around 1.7MB using Flashget.

who you with, im with upc
    15mb line getting 20-50kbs. seems like alot of us are having issues in another thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

15mb line getting 20-50kbs. seems like alot of us are having issues in another thread

AdrianII, that has to be an issue at your end, I'm using a 3 USB dongle and I can get close to 200-300kb/sec (middle of the night), I can also upload at close to 1MB, depending on the time of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Is rapidshare in decline? I just subscribed again. I notice a lot of people are leaving it. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the changes. It's cheaper than everything ever. Do you guys reckon I should subscribe to something else?

I have a premium account with RS. My hard drive is full so I haven't been downloading recently, but I did try to download an TV show episode (legal, of course). I had 2(or 3) parts of a 5(or 6) part episode downloaded and it said something about having reached a download limit? I thought maybe I wasn't signed in or something but I was signed in? and it still had me limited? It was trying to get me to purchase extra traffic ffs!

can anyone confirm if the premium accounts are now limited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

UPC 15MB also.

Crasp wrote: »
    I have a premium account with RS. My hard drive is full so I haven't been downloading recently, but I did try to download an TV show episode (legal, of course). I had 2(or 3) parts of a 5(or 6) part episode downloaded and it said something about having reached a download limit? I thought maybe I wasn't signed in or something but I was signed in? and it still had me limited? It was trying to get me to purchase extra traffic ffs!

can anyone confirm if the premium accounts are now limited?

you get a limit of 30gb a month on the cheapest package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Bought 6 months with Hotfile today, not exactly fast is it?

Downloading multiple files some are going 6KB/s, 8KB/s, other going 150KB/s and 300KB/s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

you get a limit of 30gb a month on the cheapest package

ad was it unlimited before? 30GB a month, I download that in a week ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Bought 6 months with Hotfile today, not exactly fast is it?

Downloading multiple files some are going 6KB/s, 8KB/s, other going 150KB/s and 300KB/s.

So the faster ones have finished but the others are still going at 8KB/s.

What a **** service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Rapidshare broke the golden rule.

They took a simple model and made it messy and relatively complicated.

I remember receiving their first explanatory email outlining the changes. It was so long I just couldn't be bothered to read it.

What they have ended up with is paramount to a run on them, people are leaving because they notice others leaving. When I'm using forums and downloads, I want to be sure that the vast majority of links posted are supported by my file share service. This is no longer the case with RS.

I did email them at the time that they committed suicide and told them they were insane, they of course wrote back explaining why they were not and why / how the new changes would make life better. Ironically, their reply to me was even longer and more complex than their first explanatory email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why buy a service in which the terms and conditions of the service have changed twice over 6 months with no thought to the customer?

Advertisement