Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Connection Problem

Options
  • 16-10-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I've got a strange problem and was wondering if anyone know an answer please.

I fixed a laptop for a friend which had a load of virus/malware on it, got it all clean & everything seemed fine but when it connects (wireless) to the internet you can search google but when you click on any link I get "the link is broken" i've tried in firefox, chrome & IE with no luck. you can search google fine but cant get to any of the links or any other websites when typed into the address bar.

It works perfectly when its connected by LAN, no problems at all. anyone got any idea ?

Also it has come up clean on AVG, Malwarebytes & Adaware.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

And the answer is?....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

To get some sleep....

& reset the TCP/IP, it was using some other ip address (probably something left over from one of the many viruses) so just changed it back to "obtain IP automatically"

Advertisement