Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you want to see Stephen Ireland do well at Villa?

• 16-10-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Watching the Premiership tonight, Stephen Ireland had a chance to score but it went just wide. I jumped out of my seat wishing it went in, but my mate watching with me asked me "why the f*** I wanted him to score".

I wish he copped on on and put the green jersey back on, but I still see him as an Irish sportsman and want to see him succeed.

I don't post here often and know that threads about this guy were done to death, but I would just like to know the opinions of people here on the above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah I'd like to see him do well , i think he is a smashing player .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He's a good player but his attitude stinks.

We'll have to see how he settles at Villa to determine which club got the better of the James Milner deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes I would

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have no interest to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Nope and he won't because he's no ambition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I care as much for Stephen Ireland as I do for Robert Huth, James Morrison or Jody Craddock (i.e. not at all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't really care either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Have absolutely zero interest in the chap to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

no hes a great player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭LowOdour

being a villa fan, id like him to do well if it means it helps villa. As for with the national team, i couldnt give a crap to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

For those of you who don't care or who have zero interest, is it because of the situation with our national side....or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have no interest to be honest.

Why did you edit out your Arsenal part?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

not bothered one way or the other. stopped caring a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

He's a great player so yeah, why not? I hate the Irish national football team anyway so the ''Not playing for his country'' thing doesn't bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

gebbel wrote: »
    For those of you who don't care or who have zero interest, is it because of the situation with our national side....or what?

If he isn't playing for any team I support I couldn't give a shít what he's doing, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd like to see him do well but what I would much rather see is him taking his head out of his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Watching the Premiership tonight, Stephen Ireland had a chance to score but it went just wide. I jumped out of my seat wishing it went in, but my mate watching with me asked me "why the f*** I wanted him to score".

I wish he copped on on and put the green jersey back on, but I still see him as an Irish sportsman and want to see him succeed.

I don't post here often and know that threads about this guy were done to death, but I would just like to know the opinions of people here on the above.

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Could not give one f*ck about Stephen Ireland!! This is a weird thread, Surely the Villa fans will say yes and everyone else will say 'whatever!!!!'

mal1 wrote: »
    I care as much for Stephen Ireland as I do for Robert Huth, James Morrison or Jody Craddock (i.e. not at all)

That's really really harsh. Jody Craddock is a very talented artist and i hope his exhibitions go well!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No, I would actually like him apart from the national team thing.

By rights I should probably dislike him but he gets lost way back in the line behind Adebayor and Gary Neville.

Meh, he's just another footballer who's probably a bit immature and egotistical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

monkey9 wrote: »
    Could not give one f*ck about Stephen Ireland!! This is a weird thread, Surely the Villa fans will say yes and everyone else will say 'whatever!!!!'

Lets forget about club loyalties. I am only intersted in how Irish soccer fans feel about an Irishman who has turned his back on playing for us.

Should we still celebrate his talent and abililty and will him on to score goals?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

re: international situation - he's a muppet
    re: club situation - I couldn't give a fiddlers.
    If he didn't act the gowl with the international set up - most people ( myself included) would love to see him do well with both club and country I would say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dont care either way. Should he decide he'll play for the international team and put his heart into it Im sure my opinion would change, but there's about as much of a chance of that happening as there is a second penis sprouting out of my left hand overnight.

mars bar wrote: »
    Why did you edit out your Arsenal part?

I don't know :D:p:p

Lets forget about club loyalties. I am only intersted in how Irish soccer fans feel about an Irishman who has turned his back on playing for us.

Should we still celebrate his talent and abililty and will him on to score goals?

I only support Arsenal, don't support the national team so it doesn't concern me that he does not play International football, I suppose if i did I might be upset.

Am I the only one that feels that he is being hyped up a bit as a player. He had one very good season but thats about it, yes he has been unlucky with injury so maybe I am being a bit harsh on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I think he has bags of talent and i'd love to see him fulfil that, regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Augmerson wrote: »
    Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

surprised it too so long to come on...

i couldnt give a fiddlers diddy as to what he does or with whom and fwiw his missus is not that hot, she was plastered in make up.

the best thing about the pic was the guy who did an epic photo shop job of it..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Think he is a decent footballer who is Irish but the fact he doesn't want to play for us matters little.Trap wouldn't play him as he isn't defensive enough. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

there's about as much of a chance of that happening as there is a second penis sprouting out of my left hand overnight.
    youve got a first penis on your left hand?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

In my book any man that has his surname written into a pool table is a fool.

ept_sports_sow_experts-195903463-1284654876.jpg?ymds9xDD4rDaCWCX

Also any man one positions a pool table right next to a massive aquarium with pool cues moving to and fro is not only a fool but an idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I always look out for this kid, he's been hit hard by a nation of less talented people who watch him, wish they had his options, yet chastise him for not choosing the same path as they would in his situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

skelliser wrote: »
    In my book any man that has his surname written into a pool table is a fool.

Disagree, cause I'd do the exact same thing.:o
    Also any man one positions a pool table right next to a massive aquarium with pool cues moving to and fro is not only a fool but an idiot!

Aye, not the brightest move from him putting the pool table there, surely there's space for it somewhere else in the gaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Helix wrote: »
    youve got a first penis on your left hand?? :eek:

On, no. In.. later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I want Richard Dunne to run up to him and kick him in the balls as hard as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I want Richard Dunne to run up to him and kick him in the balls as hard as possible.

lol

seriously, Ireland was a handy enough lil player, but his IQ left a lot to be desired, I would say 12 years olds are smarter than him.

either that or he is a very rare specimen of mankind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wish him all the best and hope he fulfils his huge potential.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A good player and of course would like to see him do well for the time and dedication put into the game. Same for all players.

He may have made some whacky decisions in he's personal life but who gives a ****. If you judge a soccer player on what he drives etc. I think you need to **** off to the hairdressers in your mx5.
    I make my opinion based on how he performs on the pitch and not by how he spends hes own money.

great thanks to rags like the sun, daily fail, so on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

He will eventually play for Ireland. I would put money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

d22ontour wrote: »
    Think he is a decent footballer who is Irish but the fact he doesn't want to play for us matters little.Trap wouldn't play him as he isn't defensive enough. :D
    Agree totally with this. I think he is exactly what ireland need at this moment and by trap sticking to his shi- hard working players the public would not be as lenient on him and it would cost him his job.

In fact i think trap should buy ireland a diamond studded pool cue to thank him for not wanting to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He was getting bullied when he went away with the national team so he quit.I have no problem with that and would in fact support him for not taking that ****e from a group of players he has more technical skill than. And he's so stupid I forgive him for how he went about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I would not pick him for my numerous fantasy football teams even if he was free. He has turned his back on this great nation, a nation divided and only nations that are divided pose a treat to the world like Germany after the was or Korea, I put him up there with the Rev Ian Paisley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I would not pick him for my numerous fantasy football teams even if he was free. He has turned his back on this great nation, a nation divided and only nations that are divided pose a treat to the world like Germany after the was or Korea, I put him up there with the Rev Ian Paisley.
    He turned his back on a team full of people who bullied him and classed him as an outcast.

Yeah, what a bástard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He was getting bullied when he went away with the national team so he quit.I have no problem with that and would in fact support him for not taking that ****e from a group of players he has more technical skill then. And he's so stupid I forgive him for how he wen about it

Was he? Or was his ego not able to take a ribbing over his hair plugs, a sore subject for him at the time.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He was getting bullied when he went away with the national team so he quit.I have no problem with that and would in fact support him for not taking that ****e from a group of players he has more technical skill than. And he's so stupid I forgive him for how he went about it

He wasn't getting bullied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

monkey9 wrote: »
    He wasn't getting bullied.

I was massively under the impression he was.And either way he was clearly massively unhappy doing it and if that outweighs national pride for him than why should he play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He turned his back on a team full of people who bullied him and classed him as an outcast.

Yeah, what a bástard :rolleyes:

Really? Is there even a shred of evidence for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

He got teased by Hunt for his fake hair piece but the whole Granny incident is so cringeworthy i would say thats the real reason behind it. Surprised he hasnt changed his name to Stephen England since he has no pride in his country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Class act on his day and was my favourite player at City for two years so of course I want to see him do well.

Once it's not against us of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement