Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you want to see Stephen Ireland do well at Villa?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He turned his back on a team full of people who bullied him and classed him as an outcast.

Yeah, what a bástard :rolleyes:

That's according to him, the national team denied bullying. I would be more inclined to believe the guys who don't have a track record of telling ridiculous lies tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

For gods sake lads. There's not a dressing room in the history of football teams that didn't slag anyone or where banter didn't exist. John O'Shea will tell you that. I think it's a bit worse having one's sexuality called into question than having one's hair slagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I'm being truthful, I don't really care much. Wouldn't wish bad on him but otherwise meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would be of the same opinion as Stovelid i think, i just dont really care about him. Dont wish any particular bad on him, but dont care if he does well either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would have a similar attitude to Stove and Kyro on it. Don't wish the lad any ill, but at the same time don't really care how a player at a club I don't support does.

I do think that under Houllier he may bloom though, and that Ged is the right kind of manager to get the best from players like Ireland.

I don't know if he was bullied or not but you're put in mind of people like Tevez in some ways where the same situations/fall-outs seem to repeat themselves through a career.

Like I say though: I find him irritating but admire him as a footballer and I don't think he should get stick if he doesn't want to play for his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

It is not the fact that he wont play for Ireland that annoys me, I like the Ireland management team have given up on him playing for this once great nation.
    Its the fact that every once and again he goes and does an interview with some rag and starts the whole debate again.
    I have done a survey at work here and out of 80 people
    60 say F**ck off Stephen Ireland.
    15 say F***ck off Lando.
    5 say Stephen Where?
    So there you have it, statistics don’t lie.

It is not the fact that he wont play for Ireland that annoys me, I like the Ireland management team have given up on him playing for this once great nation.
    Its the fact that every once and again he goes and does an interview with some rag and starts the whole debate again.
    I have done a survey at work here and out of 80 people
    60 say F**ck off Stephen Ireland.
    15 say F***ck off Lando.
    5 say Stephen Where?
    So there you have it, statistics don’t lie.

In fairness to SI, it must be the first question that comes up in every interview with Irish media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He should at City he was good enough to play at this level and the thing that didnt help was the way City line up, he didnt quite fit into their system, or so it seems.

I wish him well, good player IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement