Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catholic miracles ( RC spirited only )

• 16-10-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hey what are the great Catholic miracles as a Catholic that you have witnessed over the centuries or in your own life time? I suppose I had a desire to start this thread after seeing this lovely video of the saints whose bodies remain incorrupt to this day. its about 3 mins in length

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2eKC2q4VE&p=39650C926FB8E8E4&index=4&playnext=5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Onesimus wrote: »
    Hey what are the great Catholic miracles as a Catholic that you have witnessed over the centuries or in your own life time? I suppose I had a desire to start this thread after seeing this lovely video of the saints whose bodies remain incorrupt to this day. its about 3 mins in length

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2eKC2q4VE&p=39650C926FB8E8E4&index=4&playnext=5

I've wondered about this before. Why do you think God prevents bacteria from eating a body that no longer contains a soul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

strobe wrote: »
    I've wondered about this before. Why do you think God prevents bacteria from eating a body that no longer contains a soul?

Well strobe, Gods ways are well beyond my thinking mind as to why he does. but a couple of my own suggestions would be because of the Holiness of the Saint and so that many may see and believe. God worked many miracles in the scriptures so that they may believe that it was he, even to the point of showing himself to St.Thomas, but he also says that we are blessed who dont see and yet believe. I suppose also that although God performs these miracles, mans free will and belief can be so strong that he refuses to believe, Gods hands are tied to mans free will and he works with and respects it also. I'm no expert on the matter and certainly dont make claim to be, but perhaps there are sites out there that talk about a little more in depth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Hey Oneismus,

I think perhaps the best miracles are those of conversion and overwhelming realisation of the living presence. I love St. Francis, and the example he set...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

lmaopml wrote: »
    Hey Oneismus,

I think perhaps the best miracles are those of conversion and overwhelming realisation of the living presence. I love St. Francis, and the example he set...

Hi Lmao your right, I agree with that wholeheartedly. All Gods miracles are wonderful but as Our Lady Queen of Peace said in Medugorje that the greatest miracle of all is conversion. I often wonder why those who contribute on the behalf of the Christian in heaven towards their conversion are not canonised and why miracles such as healing only ever give cause to canonisation. Of all the people in the video though, every one of them were canonised for their great witness to the faith and their virtue and not the fact that their bodies were just incorrupt. When the church canonises she looks to the virtuous life that they led and not their mystical experiences alone. For mystical experiences do not lead one to sainthood, but only their virtue does.

Advertisement