Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reassure me please...

• 16-10-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm a very nervous 6 and a half weeks pregnant. I had a very traumatic miscarriage at 12 weeks four years ago and I'm absolutely petrified now.

My first scan isn't until the end of November which feels like a lifetime away. I've been having a small bit of brown discharge for the last week or so which I am really worried about. Can anyone reassure me that this is OK?

Also how am I going to make it to the end of November without going mad...??:eek::):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you are worried ring your maternity hospitals early pregnancy unit and ask can you be seen because of the brown discharge. They'll do a scan and reassure you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Just go in to your ER, that's what they're there for, they'd rather have you reassured than sitting at home fretting, that won't do you or the baby any good..

If the discharge has been brown and sporadic it sounds to me like it could be just implanation bleeding.. If it was bright red (ie fresh) and heavy then I would be concerned.. Definately go in though, for your own peace of mind..

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mum2bee

Thanks for your replies. I don't really want to go to the hospital as I did this the last time, waited for hours, they did a scan, said everything was fine, then I miscarried a week later. So I don't think they can reassure me, I just have to wait and see.

Has anyone ever had this though and had a healthy pregnancy..??

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Hi Mum2bee,

My wife had the same symptoms you currently have. (In fact she still is having them) and she is 7 and half weeks gone. We went for a private scan last Thursday in Blackrock for re-assurance and saw our little peanut with a healthy 120bpm heartbeat. My advice would be to get a private scan done. Costs a few quid but well worth it imo.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

mum2bee wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I don't really want to go to the hospital as I did this the last time, waited for hours, they did a scan, said everything was fine, then I miscarried a week later. So I don't think they can reassure me, I just have to wait and see.

im at week 12 now but when i was week 7 i had a tiny bit of the discharge too, it was a sunday so i wouldnt go to a&e either, i joined on here and heard of the implantation 'bleed', which explained the discharge, on the monday i woke with horrendous cramping i couldnt walk, but the discharge seemed to be gone, i waited a day before i went to my gp, mainly because i was sure something was wrong and i didnt want to hear it!
    the next day i was in the early pregnancy unit in the hosp having a nasty internal scan, and there on the screen was my baba, all tiny and tadpole like but a good strong heartbeat! the relief was amazing, and last week my gp did another quick scan at her practice, heart nice and strong and a wave of its arms for mummy, i just melted:D
    i know its scary when things happen that we assume mean terrible things, but really thats why they created epu's, women know their bodies and if your scared they dont think your mental they know how stressful it is and the take care of you! if your worried ask to be referred to an epu, its the best reassurance ever and you'll have a photo to stare at all the time;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

mum2bee wrote: »

Hi mum2bee,
    On my first pregnancy i was the same as you for the first trimester, not all the time but every now and then there would be a discharge,went on to have a healthy pregnancy and probably the easiest out three, I know it's hard but try not to worry too much and good luck with everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mum2bee

Thanks, this has reassured me a bit.

I'm a bag of nerves but I know I just have to relax.

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I know how you feel. I miscarried in August after three rounds of IUI and found out yesterday we're pregnant again, naturally.
    I'm delighted but finding it hard not to worry. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he said wait 3 weeks then go to Mount Carmel and for €100 I can get a scan. As I had a missed miscarriage I didn't bleed so a lack of blood is not necessarily reassuring for me either. I unusually want morning sickness cause then I'll know everything is going ok ;) So far very few symptoms other than headache, tiredness and bloating.

Advertisement