Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp 50 Shower Pump

• 16-10-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to increase the pressure in our shower for both the main and onsuite bathroom (onsuite being the main one that we use.).

I've had a quick look at B&Q and the sales rep recommended the Wasp 50
    1.5 Bar shower pump.

Any feedback on this shower pump good or bad?

I know nothing about plumbing or shower pumps so I have a few other concerns after reading some of the other posts.
    Just how noisy are they?
    Can it be fitted into the attic?
    Approx how much does this cost to fit?
    How long do they usually last?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

i've never heard of that pump before but if its b&q then its likely to be cheap and cheerful. as for how long it may last.. how longs a piece of string? a good pump fitted right as per regulations should last 5 years. most pumps have a 3 year warranty if fitted correctly.

stuart turner are good pumps as are salamander but salamander have strict regulations, quiet rightly though and their customer service is great.

if the pump is going to be pumping something above the level of the storage tank then it needs to be a negative head pump.

they can be noisey if you are close to them when its running

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I personally wouldnt use it if it was my own but I'm a stickler for big brand names and do jobs right and to last rather than cheaply.

Looks like they are made by grundfos though - also you would need to make sure you dont run the 2 showers at once because it likely wouldnt be able to handle it, as it says its for a single shower application.

Advertisement