Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blessing yourself?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

but he is the biggest employer worldwide in the male gay community!

what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

krudler wrote: »
    what?

A major shareholder in a chain of hair salons perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I heard a story about a guy who was driving along with his girlfriend performing a certain act on him in the car. As they passed the local graveyard she lifted her head and blessed herself before resuming business.

Christ! she must have eyes in the back of her head. I wonder if she has a mouth in the back of her head also?;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

robinph wrote: »
    Who was holding the steering wheel at the time?

No expert on these matters, but from what I've seen it involves some amount of waving your hands around in front of you?

I'm fairly sure she only needed one hand to bless herself :D
    The other hand was on the wheel.
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Did your car seating arrangements imply something, though ?

The two who blessed themselves were in the right ?

I see what you did there... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Promac wrote: »
    If people should be allowed to do their little rituals then the OP should be allowed to think they look funny doing it. And it would be a pretty dark world if no-one was allowed to question this kind of thing.

It's exactly the kind of thing I can imagine talking about at a lock-in with my mates.

religion is a frowned upon pub subejct in many a sane society. I can no greater pub bore than "haha I saw someone making the sign of the cross" but your mileage may very, depends on the rest of the conversation I suppose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I am by no means a religious person , i dont go to mass infact i despise the catholic church . However i do belive in god.. i think !! But i do bless myself when i seen a ambulance etc as i way if i dunno askin god to help the poor creatur in the back ! And if i was ever in an ambuane id like to think the people in the cars im passing would think of me in the same way . One thing i thank god for is my health because without it well theres no point to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

religion is a frowned upon pub subejct in many a sane society. I can no greater pub bore than "haha I saw someone making the sign of the cross" but your mileage may very, depends on the rest of the conversation I suppose.
    Religion and politics, two things you never discuss in a pub. I thought everyone knew that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I do bless myself everyday, but then not every one is blessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I bless myself all the time if I meet a hearse on the road, slow down the car and radio off too. Doesnt matter what you believe in, we'll all end up that way some day and its a sign of common respect.

Like someone else said if I was being rushed to hospital on the verge of dying, id take every prayer i could get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

To the OP...are you really that stupid?
    Off topic : These religious threads are getting very tedious on AH. Next time post them in the Atheist/Agnostic or Christian forum, I'm sick of seeing basically the same religion thread on AH every single day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 polkadots1900

dvpower wrote: »
    How is that relevant to this topic? Bloody Pope supporters; any excuse to stick their oar in.

not a pope supporter, but glad to see the fury produce some small results at vatican city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

not a pope supporter, but glad to see the fury produce some small results at vatican city

Pope Benidict was knee deep in the cover up of child sex abuse. He has very little credibility in this area.

Advertisement