Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opportunity's Sporting Log.

Options
  • 17-10-2010 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello everyone!

I've been following the Gambling forum here for a long time, and I finally thought I'd sign-up and start contributing. I decided a log would be a good place to start.

I'll be betting mainly on football, as I follow it religiously. I may have the odd bet on other sports, but it'll be mostly football I bet on.

I have accounts with a few bookmakers, and I try to take the best prices on offer. I will start with a bank of 100 points, and I'll see where I go from there. I'll try and give reasoning for my bets, and I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

I'd like to thank Pyro, for letting me use his "Bank" format, and SportsGreatest (from ThePuntersLounge), for letting me use his formatting for my bets.

I'll post my first bet shortly...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Best of luck, I feel that this log will be profitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Opportunity.

Barclays Premier League
    Blackpool vs. Manchester City.
    Manchester City to win @1.61. (Paddy Power)

My first bet is on tomorrow's four o' clock game, between Premier League new-boys Blackpool and free-spending Manchester City.

Blackpool have surprised everybody so far, and are coming off the back of an excellent victory against Liverpool at Anfield. They are currently sitting in tenth place, and they will hope they can continue to build on their fantastic start. However, they have a very thin squad, and I believe this could have a serious impact on them as the season progresses.

Ian Holloway is a manager who I have massive respect for. He tries to set his team out playing attractive attacking football. Even though this is a recipe for disaster against the stronger teams, as proven by Chelsea and Arsenal, Ian Holloway sticks to his principles. He is also a very honest man, and he doesn't speak any bull****. Some of his interviews and quotes are quality stuff. Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that I believe Man City will be able to take advantage of Blackpool's style of play tomorrow.

Man City have also had an excellent start to the season, and were sitting in second place before this weekend's action. Chelsea only managed to get a point at Villa Park today, and Man City will want to take full advantage of this. Should they win, they will be just two points behind Chelsea at the top of the table.

Man City are very solid defensively, with Mancini's defensive tactics, and have only conceded three goals in the league - a record bettered only by Chelsea. Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry do an excellent job in-front of the defense, and should dominate the midfield tomorrow. James Milner and Adam Johnson should cause a lot of problems down the wings for Blackpool, and I'm hopeful that they will provide good service for Man City's captain and talisman, Carlos Tevez.

In conclusion, Blackpool will come out and attack Man City tomorrow. However, they will not have much success with City being so solid at the back. They will then be open to Man City counter-attacks, especially with City's pace down the wings, and they should struggle to deal with the pace, strength, and quality of Carlos Tevez up front. I think Man City will have an easy game tomorrow, and should run out comfortable winners.

That's just my opinion on the game. I'd love to hear your thoughts though.

5 Points - Manchester City to win @1.61. (Paddy Power)

Megatitan wrote: »
    Best of luck, I feel that this log will be profitable.

Thank you! Out of interest, what makes you think that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Thank you! Out of interest, what makes you think that? :rolleyes:

Just a good feeling I guess. Do me proud!!:)

Blackpool 2 - 3 Manchester City. Bet won!

That was a lot tighter than I had expected, but a win is a win. I'm glad I did not take Man City on the handicap, which I was seriously considering last night. I only managed to watch the first-half of the game today, but I was extremely impressed with the way Blackpool performed. They dominated the game for the first forty-five minutes, and were just missing that clinical edge in-front of goal. From what I heard, David Silva's introduction turned the game. Although Blackpool will feel hard done by, having a perfectly legitimate goal ruled offside, their attitude today was fantastic and they should be proud of themselves.
    Megatitan wrote: »
    Just a good feeling I guess. Do me proud!!:)

I'll do my best... ;)

• Advertisement

I'm not going to include this in my log, as I don't have enough time to do a write-up, but I feel there is value in Chelsea to beat Spartak Moscow tomorrow night @2.25.

At the moment, I'm looking into a couple of ante-post bets. I have not yet decided whether to include them in my log, as I'm not really a fan of them.

Change of plan. I'm going to include all my bets in this log, as I won't have time to do many write-ups. I had 4 Points on Chelsea to beat Spatak Moscow @2.10 with Paddy Power. If required, I can post a screenshot.

Spatak Moscow 0 - 2 Chelsea. Bet won!

Once again, I don't have time for a write-up, but I have 4 Points on Valencia to beat Rangers @2.10 with Paddy Power.

Aftertiming, I know, and I apologise. It's nothing big, but I had .87 Points on Liverpool to draw against Napoli @4.00 and 1 Point on the draw @3.30. Both with Paddy Power.

I have 1 Point on Man City to beat Arsenal @2.50.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Take a look at the charter and stop constantly after-timing please, or there'll be repercussions.

I don't mind it happening the odd time but 75% of your bets are after-timed and another 1 has been deleted.

Don't do this again please.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Take a look at the charter and stop constantly after-timing please, or there'll be repercussions.

I don't mind it happening the odd time but 75% of your bets are after-timed and another 1 has been deleted.

Don't do this again please.

Fair enough, but 75% is a bit much tbf.

My first bet was posted before the game, the Chelsea bet is debatable but it was posted beforehand, the Valencia bet was posted before hand, and the Man City/Arsenal bet was posted before the match.

Only the two Liverpool bets were posted afterwards, though I can see the Chelsea game being counted.

It won't happen again though...

• Advertisement

Fair enough, but 75% is a bit much tbf.

My first bet was posted before the game, the Chelsea bet is debatable but it was posted beforehand, the Valencia bet was posted before hand, and the Man City/Arsenal bet was posted before the match.

Only the two Liverpool bets were posted afterwards, though I can see the Chelsea game being counted.

It won't happen again though...

No it's not, you posted 1 bet and after-timed 3. Which is 75%.

The Chelsea one is not 'debatable' at all, you only included it after it won, after initially saying it wouldn't be counted towards the log.

You can't claim the Valencia one was posted before hand, as it was not. It was posted at 20:26, then deleted shortly after. Possibly when you realized they were 1-0 behind? ;)

Good that it won't happen again, I wouldn't normally bother calling someone up on it but you've done it so frequently already, and you're only a member here for a matter of days.

After-timing in smiley faces :

Once : :) Twice : :( Thrice : :mad:

All the best with your future bets. :)

You can't claim the Valencia one was posted before hand, as it was not. It was posted at 20:26, then deleted shortly after. Possibly when you realized they were 1-0 behind? ;)

In all fairness, the Valencia bet was posted at 11:54 the night before the game.

If you consider 20-10-2010, 20:26 to be the night before the game then you should have a fair advantage in the gambling game, considering you're about 20 hours behind real time.

If you consider 20-10-2010, 20:26 to be the night before the game then you should have a fair advantage in the gambling game, considering you're about 20 hours behind real time.

Come of it like. I'd get your facts right before you start being cheeky if I were you.

Care to read post #8 in this thread?

I'm not even talking about that one, which you know right well.

Oh, that, sorry.

Can you please just lock/delete this thread as it's a mess, and I can't see it going anyway.

Thanks, and apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Oh, that, sorry.

Can you please just lock/delete this thread as it's a mess, and I can't see it going anyway.

Thanks, and apologies.

Keep in there buddy.

Start again, cut down on after timing altogether.

You gave some decent write ups, and can be a great help to us all on the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ha this reminds me of when i first started a log here back in the days,fortunately i only had the stupidity of editing a post once.....but this is a bit of a joke alri...:rolleyes:

You got fairly caught out there "Conor!" "Opportunity." "SportsGreatest" etc etc etc.

Posting when logged into the wrong account is a big no-no in the art of hiding, kind of gives away your identity. Must get boring going through proxy servers all the time?

For anyone wondering what I'm on about, Opportunity/SportsGreatest logged into his 'new' account by accident (Conor!) then thought he was replying as one of his many personalities. That post was quickly deleted but I can see them all, quite handy.

Thread finito, accounts used to get past a forum removal are frowned upon, although I'm sure you'll be back with more.

I should be a detective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement