Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adidas F50 Football Boots

• 17-10-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice!

My little brother wants Adidas F50 boots for Xmass, and I am trying to make sense of them! He has picked the colour he wants, mainly black with yellow stripes, and have found plenty of website to buy them.

What I don't get is the difference between them all!

There are boots that are called F10s which are pretty reasonably priced, to me they look the exact same as the others, they have F50 printed on them etc. They are about £30

Then there are ones called F30s, again look the same to me, about £40.

Then there are three different kinds of F50 boots, priced from £80 to about £125.

For info this is the site I am looking at

My bro (10) is MAD to get these boots, he can tell you which ones every player wears - So what is the difference in them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

do they have CR7 on them...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The F50's are the ones the players wear on the pitch. Messi, Nani, David Villa etc. They are made from lightweight material, have moulded studs, have texture on the leather that helps grip the ball etc.

the F30's have less of the works, still a good solid pair of boots, without a few of the features.

the F10's are the bare minimum really, the only thing that is similar are the looks.

I am a fan fo F50 boots and have had pairs of F10, F30 and F50 in the last few years. From my own experience the F10's are the cheapest for a reason. If he plays in them week in week out they may not last long, my pair broke after a slide tackle I made and I didnt go for them again. The F30's are a nice option. More affordable and sturdier than the F10's. although not quite the F50's they are still nice to play in. The F50's are the most expensive for a reason, I havent used the new ones which apparently feel like socks but my old ones were very comfortable to play in and you could feel a difference in terms of touch. If you can, I would splash out on the F50's but the F30's are a good way to good which wont hurt the wallet as much. I would avoid the F10's. But thats just my view.
    do they havw CR7 on them...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    ehh no. he wears Nike mecurial vapors. gaww everyone knows that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

weight is one difference. the F50's are the lightest, then the F30's, then the F10's.
    the F50's have a better lacing system. the sole on the F50's are moulded different and the inserts are more comfortable too.

how much a 10 year old will notice this, i dont know

One piece of advice, no matter which ones you get. I have a pair of older F50's and i have the plastic upper. Make sure you get ones with leather uppers. They are more durable and wont rip (mine have a hole where someone stood on mee and their stud came through my boot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

they are still made in china for a grand cost of about $20 --- $60 dollars and sold times 10 that thou.

why a 10 yr old wants all this is crazy. give him a slap with a fish and tell him when you were young you had to wader around in boots that were always one colour and got rock hard and useless after a few months usage...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The F50's are the ones the players wear on the pitch. Messi, Nani, David Villa etc. They are made from lightweight material, have moulded studs, have texture on the leather that helps grip the ball etc.

the F30's have less of the works, still a good solid pair of boots, without a few of the features.

the F10's are the bare minimum really, the only thing that is similar are the looks.

I am a fan fo F50 boots and have had pairs of F10, F30 and F50 in the last few years. From my own experience the F10's are the cheapest for a reason. If he plays in them week in week out they may not last long, my pair broke after a slide tackle I made and I didnt go for them again. The F30's are a nice option. More affordable and sturdier than the F10's. although not quite the F50's they are still nice to play in. The F50's are the most expensive for a reason, I havent used the new ones which apparently feel like socks but my old ones were very comfortable to play in and you could feel a difference in terms of touch. If you can, I would splash out on the F50's but the F30's are a good way to good which wont hurt the wallet as much. I would avoid the F10's. But thats just my view.

This must be only this season taught he wore the vapors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

event wrote: »
    weight is one difference. the F50's are the lightest, then the F30's, then the F10's.
    the F50's have a better lacing system. the sole on the F50's are moulded different and the inserts are more comfortable too.

how much a 10 year old will notice this, i dont know

One piece of advice, no matter which ones you get. I have a pair of older F50's and i have the plastic upper. Make sure you get ones with leather uppers. They are more durable and wont rip (mine have a hole where someone stood on mee and their stud came through my boot)

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Really didnt have a clue about them to be honest and this is really helpful. Think I am going to go for the F30s, they arent too expensive and for a 10 year old I think they should be fine. From what is said here dont think I will chance the F10s, he will be wearing them a lot and dont want them to rip or something early on.
    they are still made in china for a grand cost of about $20 --- $60 dollars and sold times 10 that thou.

why a 10 yr old wants all this is crazy. give him a slap with a fish and tell him when you were young you had to wader around in boots that were always one colour and got rock hard and useless after a few months usage...;)

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

do they havw CR7 on them...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hardly seeing as Ronaldo wears Nike :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

fullstop wrote: »
    Hardly seeing as Ronaldo wears Nike :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Thanks for clearing up something that wasn't already mentioned in the post straight after his... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I had F50's, I wouldnt recommend them to anyone. I didnt even get a year of good use out of them. Breaking them in was painful, the stud plate in the right boot snapped in half not long after getting them and the first tears occurs right where my big toe is in both boots.

They are lightweight but offer little protection to your feet, I've lost toe nails, heavy bruising and I reckon I had a few stress fractures too (didnt get x rays to confirm). They were an expensive crime against my feet.

A 10 year old is not going to reap the benfits of ultra leightweight boots tbh

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-230&DEPT=2&BRAND=1&SS=1&PROFILE=Speed

They even look like F50's, for £20 + delivery you should get a smile from him and your wallet wont be crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This must be only this season taught he wore the vapors

Yeah this is his first season. New signing for Adidas like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

JJB have the good ones for €30 got a pair in size 5 other day. Size 6 is 156 quid tho wish i had small feet.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I had F50's, I wouldnt recommend them to anyone. I didnt even get a year of good use out of them. Breaking them in was painful, the stud plate in the right boot snapped in half not long after getting them and the first tears occurs right where my big toe is in both boots.

They are lightweight but offer little protection to your feet, I've lost toe nails, heavy bruising and I reckon I had a few stress fractures too (didnt get x rays to confirm). They were an expensive crime against my feet.

A 10 year old is not going to reap the benfits of ultra leightweight boots tbh

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-230&DEPT=2&BRAND=1&SS=1&PROFILE=Speed

They even look like F50's, for £20 + delivery you should get a smile from him and your wallet wont be crying.

they the plastic uppers, yeah?

go for the leather uppers, big improvement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing up something that wasn't already mentioned in the post straight after his... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh I'm sooo sorry officer :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remind me to run it by you before I reply to a post in future :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Light boots is one of the reasons so many players are breaking bones etc at the moment. Wouldnt recomend them especially for a kid

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Light boots is one of the reasons so many players are breaking bones etc at the moment. Wouldnt recomend them especially for a kid

Yeah they seem to be, think it's more to do with the soles being too lightweight and flexible than the leather or whatever synthetic materials are replacing the leather now.

any proof of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

any proof of that?

Its just a terrible coincidence that I suffered all those foot injuries whilst using F50's?

I never had a run of injuries like it before getting them or since I got rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

any proof of that?

Its pretty obvious really... if you have light boots and somebody steps on your foot, the chances are your going to be badly injured compared to hard boots.

Ankle injuries which are one of the worst for footballers, because the ankle is not supported properly becasue the material is so soft.

Running in light boots on hard surfaces is going to obviosuly damage your legs overall overtime. ie ligament damage

Thats off the top of my head. Im sure if you google you will find more scientific reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats off the top of my head. Im sure if you google you will find more scientific reasons

Fairly sure you wont find any reasons about boots causing injuries, fact the boots cost 160 and are worth millions to the makers will ensure such a site wont be legit.

Altho its common sense, i mean i didnt even know i had a metatarsal until a few years ago. But with little or no protection on the top of the boot someone elses boots are going to break my new bone.

Its pretty obvious really... if you have light boots and somebody steps on your foot, the chances are your going to be badly injured compared to hard boots.

Ankle injuries which are one of the worst for footballers, because the ankle is not supported properly becasue the material is so soft.

Running in light boots on hard surfaces is going to obviosuly damage your legs overall overtime. ie ligament damage

jesus, some of the stuff there is complete rubbish, but especially the bit on bold.

how can light boots cause ligament damage when you run in them?

do 100m sprinters suffer more ligament damage nowadays? tennis players?

they are all running in lighter trainers on hard surfaces?

perhaps the increase in injuries could me multiple things

harder pitches
    better pitches
    faster game nowadays
    increased coverage of said injuries. Some people suspect that metatarsals were broken quite a lot back 10 years ago, bu we didnt hear about it that much.

to claim that lighter/newer boots are the direct cause of injuries is a load of rubbish tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement