Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband/Cisco Modem Trouble

• 17-10-2010 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a quick question and can't seem to get a straight answer from UPC. My family are not too tech-savvy and we recently switched to upc broadband/phone/tv package etc. So everything is fine except periodically the internet stops working for hours at a time, and then seemed to start working the next day. Anyway it happened when I was there for the first time the other day so I rebooted the modem through its default address http://192.168.1.1/ . The internet then worked fine, but every couple of days I now have had to do this. My family are confused and wouldn't know what to do when it happens again and I'm not there (particularly as there is no easy on/off switch on this model to restart it), so does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? And are there any steps I can take to prevent it?

Thanks for any replies.

Advertisement