Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks Night (Start of Wex Opera Fest.) - any trouble?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey folks,

So I'm just home from a night in Wexford which began with live acts on the quays, street displays and general mass migration to the town centre by a good portion of the people in the town!

Thankfully, I got to observe the firework display from a sweet distance vantage point - the safe warm surroundings of my mates flat!

My reason to start thread is purely out of curiosity...

Since this is the first time in many years fireworks night has been held on a Saturday, did anyone see any trouble about?? It was something me and my mates had all agreed we thought there would be...

Give a bunch the whole town a good reason to gather on the quay, stock off licences full, surely theres gona be some hassle?

I'm curious really just cos I've seen some mad fights etc. on previous fireworks nites when I was out wandering about the streets afterwards...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Walked from Corish Park to Chocolate around 2am, didn't see a bit of trouble, not even many around really. Granted the Stores hadn't let out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

There was quiet a few broken windows on the town after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Zhane wrote: »
    There was quiet a few broken windows on the town after the weekend.
    Nothing out of the ordinary then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The Wexford People reports that there was just one public order arrest on opening night and that the Gardai were delighted with the low level of naughtiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

There was a huge crowd around town up till about 11, when anyone younger went home and older people were clubbing/in pubs.

Being out myself and then driving around after, there was no more trouble than a normal night, granted though the 2 hours after the fireworks the gaurds were much busier than normal patrolling around!

• Advertisement
Advertisement