Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills assessment-who can certify?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm kicking off the skilled 175 visa to get permanent residency to run in tandem with a 457 if I get sponsored work. I qualify on the Ensol list but need to get my degree accredited by Engineers Australia. Who in Ireland is able to certify my degree? Is it restricted only to solicitor/lawyers only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Is the ENSOL not just for Employer Nominated ENS Permanent Residence?

You mentioned Skilled 175.... I thought that was schedule 3 SOL and that Schedule 4 SOL was for 176 with state sponsored Migration plan.

I would check http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/ensol.pdf

what is the ANZSCO Code of your occupation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭west101

if your degree is recognised by engineers Ireland than it has to be recognised by engineers austrailia due the washington accord http://www.washingtonaccord.org/

I think if your degree is not recognised by enginneers ireland than you will have to get engineers ireland to acredit it, bascically apply for membership which costs about 200 euro I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate what do you mean by certify? Do you mean someone to sign your copy of your degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Khan77

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Is the ENSOL not just for Employer Nominated ENS Permanent Residence?

You mentioned Skilled 175.... I thought that was schedule 3 SOL and that Schedule 4 SOL was for 176 with state sponsored Migration plan.

I would check http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/ensol.pdf

what is the ANZSCO Code of your occupation?

My bad, my job is on the SOL schedule 3 and it is under this I am looking to gain a 175 visa. I am looking to get out as soon as possible under a 457 however. In terms of having this (457) visa appoved I understand my job has to exist on the ENSOL list (which it is, Mechanical Engineering) and I have to have a Skills assessment, part of which involves me sending off a certified copy of my degree which has to be stamped by
    1. Engineers Australia staff
    2. Notary Public in the country of application
    3. Commissioner for oaths (country of application)
    4. JP (country of application)
    5. Lawyer/solictor/barrister (country of application)
    I don't know any of 1,2,3 or 4 so I assume I have to get a solicitor to certify my documentation? Is it not lke a passport where a gardai can witness it or is that what is meant by a Notary Public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Khan77 wrote: »
    My bad, my job is on the SOL schedule 3 and it is under this I am looking to gain a 175 visa. I am looking to get out as soon as possible under a 457 however. In terms of having this (457) visa appoved I understand my job has to exist on the ENSOL list (which it is, Mechanical Engineering) and I have to have a Skills assessment, part of which involves me sending off a certified copy of my degree which has to be stamped by
    1. Engineers Australia staff
    2. Notary Public in the country of application
    3. Commissioner for oaths (country of application)
    4. JP (country of application)
    5. Lawyer/solictor/barrister (country of application)
    I don't know any of 1,2,3 or 4 so I assume I have to get a solicitor to certify my documentation? Is it not lke a passport where a gardai can witness it or is that what is meant by a Notary Public?

No .... don't spend $ on solictors ... ask a pharmacist a lot of them can certify. I got my stuff certified by a guy in a record store.

It's surprisingly easy. Or ask the local police where you can certify.

Advertisement