Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

xxyyzz wrote: »
    dmeehan wrote: »
    How would a "ballinorig resident" know they were 16 months behind schedule?
    As a matter of interest, how long is the entire schedule?

Why the use of inverted commas? Are you implying that Ballinorig residents are a figment of my imagination?

I was quoting you. That's what quotes are for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

This weeks bridge shots..
    IMG_5490.jpg

Steelwork is being installed at the end of the bridge on the right of this picture to meet up with the existing road.
    IMG_5491.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

I do not know if that is related or not, last week they fixed Kylebeg road, and even some bad stretch of the Ballinorig East. I had a mini-orgasm driving there on Thursday...

Wheres Kylebeg Rd? I tried google but one of the results was this page

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Haha. Google Maps have really lost their edge over the years.

• Advertisement

I stumbled across this link today: http://atomik.kerrycoco.ie/ebooks/n22bypass/index.html

Lots of maps/drawings of the Tralee Bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Google calls it "Bog Road". Its the turn off at the Ballyseedy Garden Centre.
    http://goo.gl/maps/68sK

Kerbing being installed up from the forge cross roundabout towards the college this week.

Kerbing being installed up from the forge cross roundabout towards the college this week.

IMG_5528.jpg

ongarboy wrote: »
    just an update from the Kerry Co Co website on upcoming stage of the bypass construction
    Temporary Closing of Roads - Knockawaddra

Released: 12 January 2012
    KERRY COUNTY COUNCIL
    TEMPORARY CLOSING OF ROADS
    SECTION 75 OF ROADS ACT 1993

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993, and the Temporary Closing of Roads Regulations 1994, Kerry County Council has decided to close to public traffic the Local Road L-6510 (in the townland of Knockawaddra Middle, Tralee) to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the Knockwaddra Road Bridge on the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme for a period of five (5) consecutive months between the dates of Friday, 20th January 2012 and Friday, 22nd June 2012.

Gerard O’Brien/Gearóid Ó Briain
    Acting SEO/Feidhmeannach Sinsearach Gníomhach
    Corporate Affairs/Gnóthaí Corparáideacha

Wonder how long this will go over...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Temporary Closing of Roads - Knockawaddra Middle

Released: 14 June 2012
    KERRY COUNTY COUNCIL
    Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Section 75 of the Roads Act, 1993, and the Temporary Closing of Roads Regulations, 1994, Kerry County Council has made a decision to close to public traffic the following Local Road:
    Local Road L-6510 (in the townland of Knockawaddra Middle, Tralee) for a period of one (1) month between the dates of Saturday, 23rd June 2012 and Friday, 27th July 2012.The purpose of the road closures is to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the Knockwaddra Road Bridge on the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme.
    Alternative routes will be clearly signposted.

Bridge pics this week.
    Concrete is poured on top of the deck now.

IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Bridge pics this week.
    Concrete is poured on top of the deck now.
    Sorry if this has been said before but what road is that in the picture? Is it the new single carriageway N22?

spacetweek wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been said before but what road is that in the picture? Is it the new single carriageway N22?

That's the knockwaddra road passing over the new road. The new carriage way will pass underneath.

Over pass for new Killarney road near Ballyseedy under construction, view looking down towards Ballyseedy castle.
    IMG_5704.jpg

Forge cross now has the big electronic signs up saying 'single lane traffic from the 9th-14th July', so I'm thinking that's when they will install the new roundabout.

Forge cross roundabout pre construction this week...

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

And looking up to the N69 from the Listellick road.
    IMG_5756.jpg

And the view down from the college road.
    IMG_5761.jpg

Bridge pics this week. Things are moving on well now.
    IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Looks like the roundabout will be finished at Forge cross soon. It seems odd to me that they are doing the roundabouts at this stage of the project long before the bypass is near completion. It just causes more disruption. I guess there is a valid engineering reason for it though.

Looks like the roundabout will be finished at Forge cross soon. It seems odd to me that they are doing the roundabouts at this stage of the project long before the bypass is near completion. It just causes more disruption. I guess there is a valid engineering reason for it though.

A similar thing happened in Castleisland, I think it makes for easier access for construction traffic to the site. They are about halfway through the forge cross roundabout now, pics to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Probably want that section completed before the IT academic year begins again in September.

-Construction-
    IMG_5830-1.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

-Finished (well, not quite, but the roundabout is in place) job-
    IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

-Bridge pics this week-

Lots done in the last week.
    IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg
    Railings appear to be temporary, but bridge surface looks ready for tar. The existing road at both ends of the bridge must now be constructed/finished out and joined into the bridge.

Temporary Closing of Roads - Dromavally

Released: 11 July 2012

KERRY COUNTY COUNCIL

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Section 75 of the Roads Act, 1993, and the Temporary Closing of Roads Regulations, 1994, Kerry County Council has decided to close to public traffic the following Local Road:
    Local Road L-6547 (Ballyseedy Road), in the townland of Dromavally, for a period of five (5) days between the dates of Monday 23rd July 2012 to Friday 27th of July 2012.The purpose of the road closures is to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the Ballyseedy Road Bridge on the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme.

Temporary Closing of Roads - Ballybeggan

Released: 11 July 2012

KERRY COUNTY COUNCIL

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Section 75 of the Roads Act, 1993, and the Temporary Closing of Roads Regulations, 1994, Kerry County Council proposes to close to public traffic the following Local Road:
    Local Road L-2015 (Ballybeggan Road), in the townland of Ballybeggan, for a period of thirty (30) consecutive days between the dates of Tuesday 7th August 2012 to Wednesday 5th of September 2012.The purpose of the road closures is to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme.
    Any person having an objection to this proposal should lodge same with the Administrative Officer, Roads & Transportation Department, Room 115, Áras an Chontae, Tralee, County Kerry not later than 4.00 p.m. on Wednesday 18th July 2012.

Starting to look more substantial now.
    Nice pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Will there be a overbridge or roundabout on the Ballybeggan road?

Will there be a overbridge or roundabout on the Ballybeggan road?

Roundabout, but with changes to the roads from the way they are now. There will be a new road going from here to Forge cross past the college.

It's good to see the way it's all starting to come together now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

See below from radiokerry.ie/news. Seems the rumours about the delays are true then! Hopefully they can make up the time. I wonder are the cause of delays due to the poor recent weather or something else?

Tralee bypass running between ten and twelve weeks behind schedule

Construction on the Tralee bypass is running between 10 and 12 weeks behind schedule.
    The matter was raised at the monthly meeting of Kerry County Council.
    It followed a request for an update on the project by Councillor Pat McCarthy.
    Construction on the 13.5 kilometre road began last August.
    Director of Planning Services with the authority, Michael McMahon, told the meeting the contractors informed him the project is running between 10 and 12 weeks behind schedule.
    He said no extension has been granted on the contract and the completion date for the bypass remains March next year.
    The bypass is expected to shave 12 minutes off peak time journeys and reduce accidents by 14 per cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

when should they begin putting the tar on the bypass?

• Advertisement

when should they begin putting the tar on the bypass?

That's quite awhile away yet! None of the bridges are finished afaik at this time nor have they began to construct any of the finished road surface apart from the roundabouts. As far as I can see from the road the rock breaking by Ballygarry is yet to be completed also, looks to be a hell of a lot of rock to remove.

Street light poles without heads have now been installed around the main N69 roundabout near Leith West.
    That roundabout centre kerbing is also in place.

I suppose with the ballybeggan road closed later in the year all that traffic that usually uses that road will be diverted up the road with the new Knockwaddra overbridge completed? Being a mostly single lane road it will make it extremely busy and awkward for residents and the people passing up and down.

Advertisement