Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

no, the existing/old road will no longer have an entrance on to the N69. Instead there will be a new entrance on the new road, halfway up the hill towards the college

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

dmeehan wrote: »
    no, the existing/old road will no longer have an entrance on to the N69. Instead there will be a new entrance on the new road, halfway up the hill towards the college

Oh right but how will those commuting on the N69 route travel will it be going onto an entrance off the new road that currently widened and meet the road half way up near the college on the hill near it that those from that side meet that roundabout near the college?

The current roundabout built still allows traffic to drive on main road when meeting the roundabout to head for the town coming from the N69. What is the purpose of that roundabout if the N69 isn't going to link it any more? seems a bit weird if it does unless the N69 going to link the roundabout near the college somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Heres a rough drawing of what is the plan for that road and roundabout. See the new local entrance to the existing road that will become a cul de sac when the new road is operational.
    IMG_7028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Just spotted on radiokerry.ie:

23 Aug 2012
    Council says no time extension sought by contractor developing Tralee bypass

Kerry County Council says no time extension has been sought by the contractor developing the Tralee bypass. This is despite the construction running between 10 and 12 weeks behind schedule, mainly due to poor weather conditions. Construction on the 13.5 kilometre road began last August. Kerry County Council says the contractor, BAM, hasn't sought a time extension, and the completion date for the bypass remains March next year. The bypass is expected to shave 12 minutes off peak time journeys and reduce accidents by 14 per cent.

I see a large truck trailer parked on the side of the road on both the Killarney and Listowel road out of Tralee. Wonder is it something to do with the bypass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

I see a large truck trailer parked on the side of the road on both the Killarney and Listowel road out of Tralee. Wonder is it something to do with the bypass?

More likely circus/amusement movement after the festival maybe?

Adro947 wrote: »
    More likely circus/amusement movement after the festival maybe?

Not they way they are parked, down field entrances side on to the traffic. Just seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The truck trailer on the Killarney road at mileheight is a refrigerated unit and the siding says "Barna".

I guess the owner will try to sell the advertising rights for the sidings.

The truck trailer on the Killarney road at mileheight is a refrigerated unit and the siding says "Barna".

I guess the owner will try to sell the advertising rights for the sidings.

They are now advertising a Lidl 'Warehouse Clearance'. My bad.

Yes I see the advertising is for a Lidl warehouse sale in Monavalley.

Im surprised a Lidl supporting guerilla advertising stunts like this.

I see today it has been moved back about 10 or more meters from the hard shoulder.

• Advertisement

Shots from the bridge earlier in the week..
    IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

Railway crossing now has the roadway raised up on both sides..
    IMG_7125.png

Ballybeggan road has a large crater dug on it now!
    IMG_7069.jpg

Shot north of the clearance from the bridge this week..
    IMG_7193.jpg

Roundabout kerbing is now in place in Ballybeggan.
    IMG_7156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I love the blue sky in the 2nd pic! Obviously Tralee is enjoying the same fine weather as Dublin. You'd know the kids are back in school when the sun comes out!!

ongarboy wrote: »
    I love the blue sky in the 2nd pic! Obviously Tralee is enjoying the same fine weather as Dublin. You'd know the kids are back in school when the sun comes out!!

Yep, makes a nice change from the rain, and I'm sure the workers on the road appreciate a bit of dry weather too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Yep, makes a nice change from the rain, and I'm sure the workers on the road appreciate a bit of dry weather too!
    I also love the fantastically ancient farm buildings on the right in the second pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

[IMG]http://[/img]1892f401.jpg

View of the new roundabout linking clash and ballinorig you can just about see the flyover structure in place, the road on the far side still isn't filled up yet

[IMG]http://[/img]019880b5.jpg

View of new roundabout at ballybeggan looking in the direction of knockawaddra flyover

Will try and get a few more proper shots next week, these were a last minute thought when I was on site yesterday!!!

Graders etc are being brought in on the listowel road cut so surface dressing is due to take place next week afaik

They're also setting up on site concrete and tar plants at the main compound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

traleespud wrote: »
    1892f401.jpg

View of the new roundabout linking clash and ballinorig you can just about see the flyover structure in place, the road on the far side still isn't filled up yet

019880b5.jpg

View of new roundabout at ballybeggan looking in the direction of knockawaddra flyover

Will try and get a few more proper shots next week, these were a last minute thought when I was on site yesterday!!!

Graders etc are being brought in on the listowel road cut so surface dressing is due to take place next week afaik

They're also setting up on site concrete and tar plants at the main compound
    fyp :) A couple of extra [IMG]and http:// had crept in there somehow.[/img]

Nicely done with the pics, keep them coming!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 kfrancis94

Well done with the picks, when do you think it will be finished?

kfrancis94 wrote: »
    Well done with the picks, when do you think it will be finished?

It is hoped to have cars on it for St Patricks day, while this may still happen on some sections possibly from the Listowel road end I suspect full completion is more likely to be Aug/Sept of next year.

The weather certainly hampered a lot of the heavy earthworks which has delayed certain sections. Having said that if we get any good spell of weather at all it may help to get things back on track. Even last weeks fine weather alone allowed huge progress in the farmers bridge and ballyseedy sections.

Think there's approx 15 Volvo dumpers and 20 - 25 dumper lorries moving cut and fill materiel at the moment, that's between Bams own gear and outside contractors also.

Those of you from Tralee will prob notice alot of dumper lorries on the roads. Watch out for Mc Guires (red trucks) who are moving a lot of cut materiel from ballybeggan to castlemaine road site at the moment. There also drawing fill materiel from the closed woods quarry in ballyegan to ballyseedy flyover where the road is being raised up.

• Advertisement

Watch out for Mc Guires (red trucks) who are moving a lot of cut materiel from ballybeggan to castlemaine road site at the moment.

Watch out! Maguires trucks are travelling in close convoy formation at or close to the speed limit. The middle truck uses a kind of flashing yellow beacons on the front grill where one would expect the indicators. This is very dangerous as I thought he was turning left at the ballymullen roundabout when he was really going up Killarisk Rd. This truck has a "C" reg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fair play to BAM for keeping the roads so clean around there sites, no debris or loose gravel. Or large potholes or recesses in the roads where they have had to cut across and failed to back fill it properly.

On the other hand, go a few miles out the Listowel road where Allmans are doing a stretch of road and you will see all of the above, its a disgrace they way they leave it after them!

Also you are nearly on top of the traffic lights before you know they are there, hardly no warnings!

Im surprised the council dont seem to be taking any notice of them!

Ya I have seen mc Guires "in action" quite often also, they must be paid per load or have ex amount of loads to complete per day beacuse they tear through the on site haul roads like its a F1 track not to mention public roads!!!! God forbid if you slow them down or get in there way!!!!

I met a driver today and it seems the trucks are paid per load, that would explain the slightly excessive speeds of some of them.
    Seems they were rained off this morning because of the weather, no surprise as it was absolutely bucketing down at 10am!

e4b61a7b.jpg

View from behind the main compound where they are blasting and crushing limestone, one or two more blasts are planned to break through. Pic is looking in direction of Ballygarry Hotel. Despite all the materiel stock piled there's talks of bringing more in from where they are constructing the new water reservoir in Scart, Farranfore, think Coffey Construction got the contract there. Dont know yet if it would be crushed on site in scart or delivered raw to the compound for crushing and screening.

77d41351.jpg

View from the same spot behind main compound looking in opposite direction towards Ballinorig. Can just about see railway crossing in distance. Final bit of filling to raise up road to bridge level taking place the moment.

A lot of machines and trucks have been down yesterday and today due to the weather.

CBM/concrete sub base mix was due to be layed and graded from listowel road cut today as a start but wasn't at that end today to check it out. Will see can I get around there tomorrow.

Wouldnt be an expert on grading but I think the weather wouldn't hamper this too much a lot of the levels and depths are pre calculated and set on the actual grader.

It has been brought to my attention that someone has been copying these photographs to a Facebook page and passing them off as their own. I would appreciate it if this was stopped, you can quite easily take your own photos!

I take these shots for the interest of the road building enthusiasts around and the local and not so local people to see the biggest road project in Kerry to date not for someone to just steal and pass off as their own. I didn't want to watermark anything as I hate it myself, ruins the picture.

But if you really feel the need to be that lazy and rip off everything here, a link be posted on the Facebook page to this thread.

Thank you.

It has been brought to my attention that someone has been copying these photographs to a Facebook page and passing them off as their own. I would appreciate it if this was stopped, you can quite easily take your own photos!

I take these shots for the interest of the road building enthusiasts around and the local and not so local people to see the biggest road project in Kerry to date not for someone to just steal and pass off as their own. I didn't want to watermark anything as I hate it myself, ruins the picture.

But if you really feel the need to be that lazy and rip off everything here, a link be posted on the Facebook page to this thread.

Thank you.

Saw this myself they robbed a few of the pics I put up as well. Thought it was a bit cheeky!

Saw this myself they robbed a few of the pics I put up as well. Thought it was a bit cheeky!

More than just a bit! It's quite easy to go out and take your own pics, not just plagiarize this thread in its entirety!!!

I like your shots, nice to get some interior shots along the road where I can't get into.

More than just a bit! It's quite easy to go out and take your own pics, not just plagiarize this thread in its entirety!!!

I like your shots, nice to get some interior shots along the road where I can't get into.

You'll have to get the safe pass card!! ; )

• Advertisement

You'll have to get the safe pass card!! ; )

I have one! Never leave home without it!

Advertisement