Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

traleespud wrote: »
    You'll have to get the safe pass card!! ; )

I have one! Never leave home without it!

:) sure next time your passing throw on a hi vis and hard hat and give a wander in with the camera ha ha ha ; )

Actually afaik there's been a video recording of the different stages taken since the beginning of the project they drive around from site to site every week or so documenting the various progress!!!

Would be interesting if it was made available as a time lapse type edit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Would be interesting to see that video! Passed up Ballinorig earlier and there was lots of excavation under the new overpass off the existing road. They have dug down to quite a depth and it was being back filled with stone.

I wondering how long the Ballybeggan road will be closed for, because the road to Forge cross will have to be completed before its of any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I wondering how long the Ballybeggan road will be closed for, because the road to Forge cross will have to be completed before its of any use?

September 28th, according to one of the electronic signs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It has been brought to my attention that someone has been copying these photographs to a Facebook page and passing them off as their own. I would appreciate it if this was stopped, you can quite easily take your own photos!

I take these shots for the interest of the road building enthusiasts around and the local and not so local people to see the biggest road project in Kerry to date not for someone to just steal and pass off as their own. I didn't want to watermark anything as I hate it myself, ruins the picture.

But if you really feel the need to be that lazy and rip off everything here, a link be posted on the Facebook page to this thread.

Thank you.

I recommend that you report this to the Facebook administrators.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I recommend that you report this to the Facebook administrators.

I doubt they would do much really. No fear though. I have one of my techie heads on it. ;)

• Advertisement

6d31987b.jpg

Pic from Farmers Bridge cut looking in direction of the Ballyseedy road fly over, can almost see the flyover in the distance.

Ballybeggan is due to reopen at end of the month. The new roundabout in position there isn't a million miles from the old road alignment so id imagine it'll be accessed via the old road temporarily until the college tie in is complete!!!

I suppose thats all they could do to that road for the time being. The Knockwaddra road has had a large increase in Traffic on it due to the other road being closed, its handy having an overtaking place on the new bridge..:cool:

Ballybeggan roundabout from the east side, the large heaps of gravel are starting to be used now.
    IMG_7276.jpg

Ballygarry roundabout looking North across the roundabout.
    IMG_7270.jpg

And the obligatory shot off the bridge looking north, the rockbreakers are hard at work here clearing the last few meters.
    IMG_7278.jpg

Seeing as a previous poster here has hijacked all of the recent photographs on this thread for his own use, has contributed nothing usefull anywhere that i have seen regarding this bypass apart from trolling and plagiarism, says the photographs are not stolen from here and is being impossible to have a straight conversation with when contacted about it i will only be posting low res watermarked shots from here on.

Apologies to the people who are actually interested.

Ballyseedy overpass loooking towards the castle.
    IMG_7314.jpg

Clashdesmond crossing point.
    IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

Caherleaheen crossing looking north...
    IMG_7317.jpg

..and south
    IMG_7318.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thanks for your updates Carchaeologist as always. It's a pity that there is a minority of people out there who try and spoil things.

You would think that someone who is obviously an enthusiast for the Tralee bypass would share the same spirit and consideration of other fellow enthusiasts and not engage in such dirty habits as stealing others work and efforts and pass them off as their own.

The words sad and pathetic come to mind regarding those people!

• Advertisement

I'm all for swapping and sharing photos and info, that's how these threads work, but I can't stand people who take with absolutely no give in return.
    It also p1isses me off that I have to lower the quality of the photos here accordingly, as I know from PMs that many viewers here who are not local like the updates.
    Again, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I love these updates and photos, really interesting.

It's quite disappointing really that theres sad individuals out there like this. Pity it's come to water marking to prevent it happening. To be honest I'm considering not posting any more photos if I have to go to the bother of watermarking etc. I'm a bit disgusted really beacuse I was enjoying it, only joined boards.ie recently on the recommendation of a friend.

FROM RADIO KERRY

17 Sep 2012
    Tralee Gardaí investigate after stones thrown at vehicles from new flyover bridge

Tralee Gardaí are investigating after stones were thrown at vehicles from a new flyover bridge in Ballymacelligott.
    The Gardaí received several complaints from angry motorists yesterday about youths throwing the stones from the new bridge on the Ballyseedy Castle Road.
    Garda Fidelma O'Leary says if those responsible are caught or identified the Gardaí will be taking further measures.
    She's urging parents to take responsibility for where their children are, and to speak to their children about the dangers of such activities.

Looks like the new flyovers are causing probs already!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

And they are not even complete yet! That sort of thing is very dangerous.
    Having walked through the Ballybeggan roundabout yesterday I wonder is the opening date of the 28th being optimistic.
    There seems quite a bit to do yet before it's ready for a surface.

And they are not even complete yet! That sort of thing is very dangerous.
    Having walked through the Ballybeggan roundabout yesterday I wonder is the opening date of the 28th being optimistic.
    There seems quite a bit to do yet before it's ready for a surface.

Hard one to call there cutting a lot of materiel from the Listowel side of knockawadra flyover at the moment and using it to raise up the road on ballinorig side of rail over pass.

All well and good but the big Volvo dumpers are passing over and back through ballybeggan 100's of timesaver day at high speed. Until that's complete i doubt they will be able to open the roundabout no matter how complete it is!!! And from what I saw last week there's still a nice bit to go.

Weather has a lot to do with the delay of earth works. Most of the volvos were in the compound quarry last week moving limestone. They've started screening the crushed rock for use in the cement plant. Screeners can be seen from main road just inside compound.

They are not too far away from what will be the finished road level on the North side of the Knockwaddra overpass. It's just incredible how much has been dug out of that field.
    The finished road level has been reached practically the entire way from the N69 now to Ballybeggan it seems, along with most of the side drainage channels. I'm not sure about how far beyond that to Ballygarry though. I suppose grading of some of the N69 - Ballybeggan stretch will no doubt start shortly.

Passing over the Knockwaddra bridge this eve i see the road level is now raised up somewhat on the north side...
    IMG_7389.png
    Still rockbreaking going on where that track machine is though, could hear it from the bridge.

Southside view, not much different here really.
    IMG_7388.png

Apologies for the different photo sizes, im still tweaking the watermarking, cant do much about the resolution either it seems.:o

Rollers and graders working on the Ballybeggan roundabout tonight, and late too, it was nearly 8pm when i stopped for a looksee from the knockwaddra road. So they seem to be on course for next weeks opening.

Also interesting to note that while the finished tarred surface is not on the roundabouts yet for obvious reasons, the knockwaddra overbridge has not got the finished surface applied either. Would have thought it would not matter if that was finished out completely because there is no construction traffic driving over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

For some mysterious reason, the Facebook account hasn't had any photo updates since 14th September, it must be hard work trying to Photoshop the watermarks.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Rollers and graders working on the Ballybeggan roundabout tonight, and late too, it was nearly 8pm when i stopped for a looksee from the knockwaddra road. So they seem to be on course for next weeks opening.

thank god for that, the traffic in town is driving me mad :mad:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    For some mysterious reason, the Facebook account hasn't had any photo updates since 14th September, it must be hard work trying to Photoshop the watermarks.:pac:

Thats good that they have stopped. maby they might take their own photos from now on.

dmeehan wrote: »
    thank god for that, the traffic in town is driving me mad :mad:

Yes, yesterday was nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thats good that they have stopped. maby they might take their own photos from now on.

Their mammy might buy them a camera for Christmas.

They might. Any ideas of who it is?

Yes, but no one cares. Spamming and trolling here on the other hand is a different story.
    If you have info relating to the road project or wish to chat or post photos about anything to do with it please post away, but try not to fill the thread with rubbish, it's no fun to read.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Also interesting to note that while the finished tarred surface is not on the roundabouts yet for obvious reasons, the knockwaddra overbridge has not got the finished surface applied either. Would have thought it would not matter if that was finished out completely because there is no construction traffic driving over it.

The final wearing-course asphalt layer is very much thinner than the other layers so even one load stretches much further. And purchasing small quantities of w/c asphalt at a time would work out considerably dearer. That's basically why the Knockawaddra overbridge hasn't been finished out at this stage - it's not economical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Can I just say photos are fab lads , really 1st class

Advertisement