Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

That is great to hear, I presume this is to accommodate the next phase of the River Lee path that is planned by Tralee TC. This will continue from the existing path [Aquadome - Ballymullen] out to Ballyseedy.
    traleespud wrote: »
    I see that there has been a walkway constructed under the river lee culvert on the most southern stretch at the gallys bar entrance. I'd imagine the walkway from the aqua dome/wetlands will be extended somewhat from gallys on. Don't know if it'll be part of the finished bypass or if it'll be a Kcc project after the bypass completion. Anyone hear anything along these lines????

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

What is being done on the bypass nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

What is being done on the bypass nowadays?

Not a whole pile actually. They've off hired a lot of equipment and personnel recently and I've heard talks that there on a wind down for winter!!! They maybe closing some sections on the south side!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

traleespud wrote: »
    Not a whole pile actually. They've off hired a lot of equipment and personnel recently and I've heard talks that there on a wind down for winter!!! They maybe closing some sections on the south side!!!

Has all the signs of it..

Practically no visible change on the northern side in the last week or so, hence the lack of updates. North of the bridge has entirely stopped, there has been a Dozer parked there for nearly two weeks now!

Looks like they are putting the finished tar surface on the Ballygarry roundabout.

Hopefully they will do Forge cross also as the existing surface is not great, I get massive amounts of understeer as I exit in the wet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

........., I get massive amounts of understeer as I exit in the wet...

Are you that Clarkson guy wot bees on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

....I get massive amounts of understeer as I exit in the wet...

Old Merc 190 tyres I guess ;)

amadain wrote: »
    Old Merc 190 tyres I guess ;)

No, ol dayshul Mondeo! The 190 would oversteer through there but I'd no doubt hit the kerbing!

Are you that Clarkson guy wot bees on TV?

Nope! If I was I'd say something like ' That roundabout causes the most understeer IN THE WUUUUURLD!!' as I drive through it in my Porsche/Lamborghini/equivalent ponce mobile...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

......Hopefully they will do Forge cross ...

Yes please; coming into town I reflexly indicate left leaving the roundabout & realise I'm creating ambiguity as anyone coming down from the college thinks I'm heading up the soon to be redundant road.......but how soon?

• Advertisement

Final surface tar being laid at Ballygarry roundabout today, all views looking North.

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8620.png

Street lights are now working at the Forge Cross roundabout, looks unusual where there road is not finished...

Shot of tarmac being laid on the southern side of the bridge during the week. Not my photo, it was sent to me by a friend.
    IMG_8739.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Any idea when this project will be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

yayamark wrote: »
    Any idea when this project will be open?
    March supposedly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hoping someone here can help, would it be recommended laying new tarmac over old?

Or would it be recommended that you plane the old tarmac off first?

Hoping someone here can help, would it be recommended laying new tarmac over old?

Or would it be recommended that you plane the old tarmac off first?

I think it's planed to reduce the height of the existing road and to provide a good key for the new surface.

Have they extended the tarring beyond Knockawaddra bridge yet?

Have they extended the tarring beyond Knockawaddra bridge yet?

It's tarred just about up to the bridge, though not finished going by the kerb heights at the roundabouts. North of it there's nothing done in the last month or so.
    I have a few photos to follow.

Couple of shots today.

Looking South in direction of Tarmac plant.
    http://instagr.am/p/TG1t4WTF8x/

In the quarry behind main compound looking north. Drill holes in the ground to take explosives for tomorrow's blast.
    http://instagr.am/p/TG14RQTF89/

Looking south in the direction of gallys from ontop of the river lee culvert.
    http://instagr.am/p/TG2coXTF9V/

• Advertisement

View south from the bridge.
    IMG_8860.jpg

Northern view from the Ballybeggan roundabout.
    IMG_8861.jpg

And south..
    IMG_8862.jpg

I understand that things are slowing down on the bypass, so when is work going to restart fully on the bypass? After Christmas would it?

I understand that things are slowing down on the bypass, so when is work going to restart fully on the bypass? After Christmas would it?

Not sure, lots going on down at the tar plant side it seems still. I don't know why they stopped north of the bridge, there was not a huge amount left, relative to what's been already done.

Also forge cross roundabout is extremely slippery on the temporary surface that's there. A few of the lads have had frights on it and none of them are exactly fast drivers.

Anyone know why they finish tarred the Ballygarry roundabout but not anywhere else? Forge cross and the bridge could have been done too at the same time.

Not sure, lots going on down at the tar plant side it seems still. I don't know why they stopped north of the bridge, there was not a huge amount left, relative to what's been already done.

Also forge cross roundabout is extremely slippery on the temporary surface that's there. A few of the lads have had frights on it and none of them are exactly fast drivers.

Anyone know why they finish tarred the Ballygarry roundabout but not anywhere else? Forge cross and the bridge could have been done too at the same time.

There was a double accident at the roundabout at ballygarry a couple of weeks a ago. I'd say bam were covering there arses finishing the roundabout off. There was a lot of hi vis jackets around in the aftermath taking photos etc. I suppose liability would rest with bam if the surface isn't up to scratch. Agree about some of the other unfinished surfaces though they could def do with a more finished job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

Whats the story with the ancient ruins being discovered at the South end , is that true , anyone hear anything ? .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Leithman wrote: »
    Whats the story with the ancient ruins being discovered at the South end , is that true , anyone hear anything ? .

I heard it was the IDA kerry offices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

I heard it was the IDA kerry offices!

:p

What ancient ruins? You had my curiosity - now you have got my attention.

What ancient ruins? You had my curiosity - now you have got my attention.

This is what it is I'm thinking?
    http://www.rubiconheritage.com/2012/11/07/the-ballingowan-avenue-all-in-the-mind/
    Already posted by kingdumb earlier in the thread.

• Advertisement

I see this thread is just about to hit 60.000 views..

Advertisement