Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Some more shots from the Ballybreanagh/Knockwaddra crossing(no trespassing, i stood up on the gate!:))

Looking down towards Tralee/upper Ballybeggan. These are the from the same angles as the shots i posted earlier in the year.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]015.jpg[/URL]

And the opposite side of the road looking north towards the N69.
    016.jpg

017.jpg

You can see the access roads put in lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Great pictures. They have a lot of work done there.

They have a lot of work done there.
    Lots more to do tho. At least its not -13 deg like this time last year.

yep i know. They have piles of work to do yet

When will the first edition of the tralee bypass newsletter be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone see the Garda speed van out side this yesterday eve! Caught alot of people!:mad:

Vain wrote: »
    Anyone see the Garda speed van out side this yesterday eve! Caught alot of people!:mad:

where was the garda van located/

Some more shots from the Ballybeggan road.

Looking North..
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]008.jpg[/URL]

Looking south..
    009.jpg

great pictures they have a nice bit a work done now at the middle of the road too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

They had a stop/go single line traffic for some work at the Ballybeggan Road bit the other morning, but was gone that evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

just an update from the Kerry Co Co website on upcoming stage of the bypass construction
    Temporary Closing of Roads - Knockawaddra

Released: 12 January 2012
    KERRY COUNTY COUNCIL
    TEMPORARY CLOSING OF ROADS
    SECTION 75 OF ROADS ACT 1993

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993, and the Temporary Closing of Roads Regulations 1994, Kerry County Council has decided to close to public traffic the Local Road L-6510 (in the townland of Knockawaddra Middle, Tralee) to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the Knockwaddra Road Bridge on the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme for a period of five (5) consecutive months between the dates of Friday, 20th January 2012 and Friday, 22nd June 2012.

Gerard O’Brien/Gearóid Ó Briain
    Acting SEO/Feidhmeannach Sinsearach Gníomhach
    Corporate Affairs/Gnóthaí Corparáideacha

Good to see a move on with this. Will be a good photo opportunity over the next few months.

Road blocked to facilitate roadbridge construction in Knockwaddra middle. Photo taken from upper side
    084.jpg

Ballybeggan Road crossing looking south. Much rockbreaking going on now.
    087.jpg

And a shot over the fencing looking north up towards the planned roadbridge in Knockwaddra. Is this an underpass being constructed here?
    089-1.jpg

I have recently picked up a new phone so the photo quality should be much improved from here on in..:)

@carchaeologist I think its a bridge over a stream???
    There was a crane onsite here over the last couple of days and looks like they built a bridge over a stream. You can see it from the (existing) road.

That concrete structure in the above pictures has now been completed. Looked like they were filling in around it yesterday.

That concrete structure in the above pictures has now been completed. Looked like they were filling in around it yesterday.

will the junction here be on the Listowel side of this structure, or on the current road and will require another similar structure for the new road towards the IT?

Pic from this week from the upper side of the Knockwaddra roadbridge roadblock. All the trees and vegetation has been cut down.
    IMG_2667.jpg

Pic of the completed concrete structure today.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]IMG_2718.jpg[/URL]

Kerry County Council have informed us that the water supply to Kerry Technology Park and the Institute of Technology will be turned off tomorrow, Tuesday between the hours of 4pm and 9pm.

This is due to essential works on the new Tralee Bypass site, which is adjacent to the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It was a bit of a mystery, seeing the work being done, and not seeing anything on the KCC site. It still doesn't appear in the "projects and schemes" section, and it's also strange that the work apparently commenced before someone found a biro for the contract.:pac:
    The main road between Tralee and Listowel is set for a major facelift in the coming months. A 6.5 million euro contract to construct three-and-a-half kilometres of the N69 between the two north Kerry towns was signed this afternoon. Mayor of Kerry Tim Buckley signed the documents at Aras an Contae which will result in the realignment of the Rea to Tullig road. The work, which has already begun is being carried out by local contractors Allman Contracts Limited along with Mid-Cork Tarmacadam Limited. The project will see the construction of two-and-a-half kilometres of new road, with improvement works to an additional 1 kilometre of existing road. The project is expected to be completed in October.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/

• Advertisement

Pipelaying yesterday under Killarney road where the new roundabout will be constructed shortly.
    IMG_2770.jpg

when will work on the killarney road roundabout begin?

when will work on the killarney road roundabout begin?
    It already has. Parts of it are completed, just to do the centre of the road andd tarmac same.

Pumps were turned off it seems on that culvert now that its completed, and the amount of water running through it can be seen now. I didnt realise there was so much!
    IMG_2833.jpg

And theres more digging going on in Knockwadddra, hard to tell from here how much of the road is taken away though. I took this pic by standing on the plastic bollards blocking the road.
    IMG_2839.jpg

Great pictures. How far will they dig down throught the fields?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Re: N69 Listowel road - Tralee.

Are they planning on widening it on some parts? I noticed alot of construction work while going into Tralee yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The council need to have a word with the fencing contractors, seem to think they can park there trucks on the road as long as they have there hazards on.

They were dropping off fencing over the ditch on a pitch black evening on a couple of days this week, with a fellow in a luminous jacket trying to wave down oncoming traffic. No lights or signage. Its an accident waiting to happen.

This was where they started the new roadworks on the Listowel road, not the bypass that Bam are doing!

Yakult wrote: »
    Re: N69 Listowel road - Tralee.

Are they planning on widening it on some parts? I noticed alot of construction work while going into Tralee yesterday.

Alllman construction are building a completely new road from just past Kilflynn junction heading towards Listowel to what I would call the Waterfall. They reckon it will be finished by October. I had a look on Thursday and there was lots of machinery there. Seems there is a big push on alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Alllman construction are building a completely new road from just past Kilflynn junction heading towards Listowel to what I would call the Waterfall. They reckon it will be finished by October. I had a look on Thursday and there was lots of machinery there. Seems there is a big push on alright.

Thank Christ. Commuting on that road is going to drive me to drink. If anyone knows the oul lad who pulls out onto the main road from Kilflynn every morning around 8.20 in a blue vauxhall and plods into Tralee at 55kmph, can you please tell him he has a problem with his break lights - they are permanently on and nobody knows when he is slowing down. He's gonna cause an accident.

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    If anyone knows the oul lad who pulls out onto the main road from Kilflynn every morning around 8.20 in a blue vauxhall and plods into Tralee at 55kmph, can you please tell him he has a problem with his break lights - they are permanently on and nobody knows when he is slowing down. He's gonna cause an accident.
    maybe thats why he only does 55 :D

Advertisement