Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Just looking at the map, what do people reckon would be faster in the mornings if you were coming in the Listowel road and wanted to get to the Aquadome given school traffic? Taking the ring road would be much longer but I wonder would it be faster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭dmeehan

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Just looking at the map, what do people reckon would be faster in the mornings if you were coming in the Listowel road and wanted to get to the Aquadome given school traffic? Taking the ring road would be much longer but I wonder would it be faster?

I suppose we will all have to wait and see how the traffic manages all of the roundabouts on the new road, too many imho, build some flyovers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Very true. Looking at the map you'd pass 5 roundabouts to go from one end to the other. Still, it'll give drivers some practice for indicating on roundabouts, god knows they need it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Since yesterday, I see the serious traffic problems because of the roundabout construction, near Ballygarry. Anyone has any ideas - is it for months?? Is there any kind of publicly available schedule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Since yesterday, I see the serious traffic problems because of the roundabout construction, near Ballygarry. Anyone has any ideas - is it for months?? Is there any kind of publicly available schedule?

It shouldn't take that long, must of the roundabout is built already.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

Traffic down to single lane until Thursday.

There seems to be a move on with the roundabout at Leith now too, lots of earth being moved today. It seems that roundabout will be built off the existing road without disturbing traffic.

Bridge pic this week
    Road is now being dug out on the RHS of the pic as can be seen.
    Bridge support pillars seem complete, just to have to concrete roadway placed on top, i presume that will come precast and fitted by crane?
    IMG_4773.jpg

Here is where the road will cross the local road above Ballyseedy castle.
    IMG_4829.png

Roundabout under construction this week on the Killarney road.
    IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg
    As mentioned there is a single lane traffic system in operation.

• Advertisement

This is how things are looking on the Killarney road side now, looking in towards Tralee.

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

The crossing of the existing road breside the new Mitchells pitch(which seems to have come to a halt in construction?)near Caherleeheen.

On the ditch looking towards the Mountains and the new half built Mitchells stand.
    IMG_4843.jpg

And looking towards Tralee..
    IMG_4844.jpg

A closer view from the ditch at the other side of the road..
    IMG_4845.jpg

And the crossing at Clashdesmond, looking towards Tralee further back the road above.
    IMG_4840.jpg

Seen here just after the archaeological work in this ariel shot by www.arielphoto.ie
    tralee_bypass_minor_road_crossing_at_clashdesmond.jpg

I see the hit rate on this thread has gone up dramatically in the last while, close to 150/200 hits a day now.
    Who's viewing it? Is it that many single views or lots of repeats?
    Click the thanks button so I have a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

jeez thats some photos you took , i hope you wore a high visibility vest and a hard hat !!!

jeez thats some photos you took , i hope you wore a high visibility vest and a hard hat !!!

They are all taken from the road, I didn't actually go onto the site for any of those pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

What is the castle / keephouse that can be seen to the right of some of the photos?

What is the castle / keephouse that can be seen to the right of some of the photos?

I think that's just a grain silo or something.
    Some weather today, and some traffic jam heading into Tralee due to the roundabout construction at Ballygarry. It was out as far as ballyseedy castle cross at 1pm. Mental.
    Roundabout should be done today though I reckon. They looked nearly there this morning when I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes its some kind of grain silo see google sv xfucxt.jpg
    Its kind of a weird place for a silo!

Here is a screenshot of the entire route.

10fakqg.jpg

Excellent, great to have some input like that in here! That map is excellent.

• Advertisement

Single lane traffic through Ballygarry roundabout on Wednesday.
    IMG_4891.jpg

Two angles on where the road will meet the N69 at Leith.

1. Driving into Tralee..
    IMG_4886.png

2. Heading out from Tralee..
    IMG_4887.png

BRIDGE UPDATE 26/5/12

Three concrete spans are now in place in the last week, pity the minidigger is in the way...

Digging out continues at a rapid pace on the right side of the picture..

Check out the savage weather too!!:):cool:
    IMG_4926.jpg

I guess theres only a few more weeks left in this bridge construction?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Putlock

Still a lot of work left on this bridge (knockawaddra, structure 3). Precast slab inserts, concrete deck, parapet copings, footpaths and Tarmac. In order to make the schedule in approx 3 weeks, men are going to be working day and night!. Can't see it happening myself.

Putlock wrote: »
    Still a lot of work left on this bridge (knockawaddra, structure 3). Precast slab inserts, concrete deck, parapet copings, footpaths and Tarmac. In order to make the schedule in approx 3 weeks, men are going to be working day and night!. Can't see it happening myself.

They seem to be working 7 days as it is.
    Welcome to the thread Putlock!

Forge cross this week looking up towards the college from the N69
    IMG_4990.jpg

And down towards the N69..
    IMG_4991.jpg

Looking north from the Ballybeggan road.
    IMG_4998.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

And down towards the N69..
    IMG_4991.jpg
    What's happening here? Is this online widening?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's a new link road from the bypass to Forge Cross that is cannibalising part of the existing road that runs past the ITT. The section of old road in the left of the photograph will become a cul-de-sac severed at the far (Forge Cross) end.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hi, just looking at the map of the bypass again. There is a connecting road coming from Clash Industrial estate out onto the bypass. Is this actually an exit/entrance to the bypass or will this road be a flyover crossing the bypass?

It will be interesting to see how quickly motorists (who would benefit from the bypass) change their routes once the bypass opens. I would think it will take a full year after opening for new and regular traffic habits to emerge as people are often slow to change from their habitual routes even if there are time savings to be made. In reality, I would think people who live or do business in Tralee will avail of the bypass the least (but will benefit from having the streets of Tralee less congested by those who had no business in town but who were previously forced to use them as they had no alternative).
    This is a flyover - a new section of road to link Ballinorig to Tralee via Clash Industrial Estate as the existing Ballinorig road is being severed where the bypass crosses it. There is also a slip road being provided for northbound traffic to exit the bypass onto this road but there is no corresponding exit being provided for southbound traffic nor is there access onto either side of the bypass at this junction.

Knockwaddra overbridge with castings in place.

Curiosity got the better of me so took this shot from a small mound of earth in the field beside upper side of the bridge, dont want to go onsite to take any shots, thats the reason why everything is taken from the road or a handy ditch for good vantage.

IMG_5016.jpg

• Advertisement

Knockwaddra overbridge 3/6/12.
    The gaps between the concrete spans have now been filled in.
    IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

Supposedly this bridge is a few weeks behind schedule now, does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

Ballybeggan roundabout site looking west towards Tralee where the new road will be constructed to connect to Forge cross, concrete bridge crossing a small river installed this week.
    IMG_5050.jpg

Long distance view(Looking North) of the cutaway into the hill just before where the junction/roundabout of the N69 Listowel road will be near Leith West.
    IMG_5082.jpg

Advertisement