Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween and Costumes and Stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Quite frankly I'd prefer the second one :P

I dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

kateos2 wrote: »
    That second one looks so comfy.

Doesn't it? It's like a onesie..it looks so comfy and warm. I want! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Doesn't it? It's like a onesie..it looks so comfy and warm. I want! :D

You could use it as jammies afterwards too.:pac:

No idea what I'm dressing up as, all I know is I'm gonna wear a wig of some sort so I can have hair for a day.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I need an idea for some costume involving the theme "myths, fairytales and legends"...its not for halloween, its the week before, but if I end up buying something I'll just use if for both! I hate trying to be imaginative with costumes...we never dressed up for going out when I was in school, but in college you kinda have to! :D
    You could just get a t-shirt printed with "An honest politician!" on it ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pocketfizz wrote: »

Little Red Riding Hood
    red-hot-riding-hood-costume-sf0015--399-p.jpg
    That's really pretty Pocketfizz!

Oh wow...I want to be Pikachu!!!

pika-1.jpg

*fap**fap**fap**fap**fap**fap*

>_>
    <_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't stand Halloween tbh. It's generally a load of girls dressing up as, I dunno, school girls and 'sexy' nurses and yeah, not my thing. I'd be perfectly happy if it just fell off the calendar. I'm not sure if I'm just no fun or something but I really don't get it. Dressing up? Seriously? Just... no.

Novella wrote: »
    I can't stand Halloween tbh. It's generally a load of girls dressing up as, I dunno, school girls and 'sexy' nurses and yeah, not my thing. I'd be perfectly happy if it just fell off the calendar. I'm not sure if I'm just no fun or something but I really don't get it. Dressing up? Seriously? Just... no.

Reminds me of that part in Mean Girls, something like this..I think.:pac:

"In America, Halloween for teenage girls is the only chance they have where they can wear lingerie and not be called a slut"

storm2811 wrote: »
    Reminds me of that part in Mean Girls, something like this..I think.:pac:

"In America, Halloween for teenage girls is the only chance they have where they can wear lingerie and not be called a slut"
    And I thank and celebrate this noble noble tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Think I might go as Hedwig this year. That or hit-girl. Can't make up my mind!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 peoplepie

We are having a costume party for halloween and as we are all film students we have chosen favorite movie star. I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I was thinking uma thurman in pulp fiction, but not sure. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Think I might go as Hedwig this year. That or hit-girl. Can't make up my mind!:confused:

HEDWIIIG!!
    Sorry, but that would just be so cool.:p
    peoplepie wrote: »
    We are having a costume party for halloween and as we are all film students we have chosen favorite movie star. I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I was thinking uma thurman in pulp fiction, but not sure. Any ideas?

Or even better (maybe) her in Kill Bill, with the jumpsuit and all that jazz , I'd really love to dress up as Helena Bonham Carter in Fight Club or Harry Potter..I just might!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my dad was always working so i never went trick or treating :(

last year i dressed up as i went to my colleges halloween party

i forgot to bring a costume up this year it was wheres wally but i have a plan im going to wear hideous trackies i never wear outside of the house and tuck them into socks and get a manky hoody and dress like a scumbag saying "ahhhh laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad im a haaarrrddd wan.....ill bate ya" ya know usual scumbag talk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I lurrrrrrrrrve Halloween. Last year I dressed up as a giant tampon, twas only epic! My friend has a party every year with prizes for best costumes, tis always a laugh! This year I'll be one half of Team Rocket as well as a top secret surprise:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

And I have my costume. Bannanas in pyjamas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

theowen wrote: »
    And I have my costume. Bannanas in pyjamas anyone?
    You really shouldn't be walking around in pyjamas in public showing off your banana ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think I'm going to try and make either a traffic light or a crayon costume, that's if I end up going out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I can't wait! I love Halloween. I'm going as Ramona Flowers. Still have to put it all together though. And find hair dye that will wash out in one or two washes as I think work would kill me if I had pink hair. I need to find a full length picture of her too, I want to do the outfit from their date I think but all the pictures I see of her are only the top half.

Oh, and Oopsy, that second pikachu outfit is so cute! Would love to get it, maybe next year and it would be such awesome jammies. All cosy and comfy and warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hate Hallowe'en tbh. Have always hated it since I was about 7 and got too old for trick or treating - the only good thing about it was getting lots of sweets.

Recently, it's just an excuse for scumbags to go out setting things on fire, throwing eggs and vandalising everything in sight.

Also, I don't particularly like costume parties (was terrified of face paint as a kid and still hate the thought of it now) so me dressing up as anything won't happen. I'll be at home, dressed as someone who doesn't give a shít about this stupid "holiday".

/buzzkill
    Novella wrote: »

+1 to both of those. I really, really don't like Halloween unless it's centred around kids. Cause kids make it fun. Couldn't be arsed dealing with girls dressing as sluts and people getting hammered... I'm too old for that shíte :p

I'll either be spending it at my boyfriend's house FAR AWAY FROM DUBLIN or at my friend's house which is in Dublin unfortunately but better than staying in my own house where there'll be a party going on >_<

Yea, I'm cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Not liking Hallowe'en is unpatriotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If anyone's looking for ideas or tips on how to make costumes yourself I found this site the other day and it's awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I'm loved Hallowe'en when I was younger. I love sweets and I love dressing up. I'm still the same but I don't like bought costumes which makes things harder 'cause then I've got to use my mind and my limited costume makeing skills! :)

I like this website, it has a few nice and relatively simple ideas.

This year I don't know if I'll be doing anything...well I've no costume ideas anyway. Last year I went as a Jellyfish but I'm not sure many people got what I was...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Haha ye'r costume ideas are all so great! xD I liked the jellyfish picture, very creative. I went as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction the last time I dressed up but this time I think I'll be a slightly less interesting pirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm planning on going as Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing now.

I'm a girl, where the hell can I find a Hawaiian shirt and the ciggy holder? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Couldn't find the pikachu costume...so Im'a just be a zombie instead :D

It's gonna be so fun ripping up my clothes and covering them in (fake) blood and all, and the make up, oh the make up! :D I'm so excited..and I don't even know what I'm doing for Halloween :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Going to get a tampon and dip it in blue paint, and dangle it from my top.

I'm going as Picasso's Blue Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'd go as Death of the Endless if I was dressing up, but I doubt anyone would notice, I wear a lot of black anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

On a scale of 1-10, how offensive would dressing as Hitler be? =P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I nearly broke my ankle on Monday night, so dressing up as the energetic Ziggy Stardust (pic and info for teh n00bz :p ) seems to be out.

Instead, I'm hoping to borrow a lab coat, a stethoscope and a walking-stick, and I'll transform myself into Dr House.

• Advertisement

On a scale of 1-10, how offensive would dressing as Hitler be? =P
    Depends.Do you know any jews and/or are british royalty?

Advertisement