Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool v Manchester City

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I feel bad for Blackpool even a draw is less then they deserved Tevez two goals were a stroke of fortune really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

City may have won but they just embarrassed themselves by struggling that much.

Blackpool are a credit to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ntlbell wrote: »
    come on!!

Do you ever post in relation to your own club, or only about your rivals? Genuine question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Job done.

Three points ahea of that lot, two behind Chelsea. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

blackpool robbed, magic from silva tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Lads I love watching Blackpool. Such a refershing attitude and a great team to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol at twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Do you ever post in relation to your own club, or only about your rivals? Genuine question

pm me if you want to talk, i dont think this is relvant to this thread.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    City may have won but they just embarrassed themselves by struggling that much.

Blackpool are a credit to football.

Embarrassed themselves? Blackpool played very well and made it difficult in their own backyard.

What did you expect? 5-0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also anyone who thinks Blackpool weren't robbed knows nothing about football.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Job done.

Three points ahea of that lot, two behind Chelsea. Happy days.

3 ahead of the rags too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ya know, despite all the mouthing bout how much luck City got in the first goal, they certainly showed their experience in closing out this game. Teams who end up near the top do get a small bit of luck (or maybe some would call it large slice), and now its happening to them. Characteristics that show City appear to be title contenders. The team has gelled much better than I expected. Mancini proving himself to be very worthwhile in this division.

Do need to keep their heads though ie. last goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Significant win for City tbh. Teams that hope to challenge for titles need to go to places like that and get three points while still playing poorly. They were clinical when it counted. Its the kinda win United were pulling off in their sleep back when they dominated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I've serious respect for Blackpool's attiude, devoid of any negativity and at times today they managed to play some entertaining football. Player's like Tevez and Silva will always be the difference between sides like these. If Blackpool can keep this up, and I'm not sure they can over the course of the season, then they can't be relegated.

I'm tempted to say that Liverpool could learn something from Blackpool, at least in terms of attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Credit to Blackpool they play some good ball.

Just a question, with Liverpool obviously going to be relegated can we call Blackpool 'pool' now instead?

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Credit to Blackpool they play some good ball.

Just a question, with Liverpool obviously going to be relegated can we call Blackpool 'pool' now instead?

lol oh jaysus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I said earlier that I'd take a scrappy 2-0 win. We played very poorly, but we won. Have to up the performance next weekend against the Arse though.

<3

_49541031_tevez466reu.jpg

Embarrassed themselves? Blackpool played very well and made it difficult in their own backyard.

What did you expect? 5-0?

I expected Man City's superstars to have a comfortable day. Not struggle.

What's their wage budget again?

• Advertisement

I expected Man City's superstars to have a comfortable day. Not struggle.

What's their wage budget again?

Well if games were won on wage budgets then every day would be a comfortable one and the league would be a forgone conclusion.

Even the simplest of football fan knows it doesn't work like that however.

Well if games were won on wage budgets then every day would be a comfortable one and the league would be a forgone conclusion.

Even the simplest of football fan knows it doesn't work like that however.

When the difference is so it does matter. City got extremely lucky which is embarrassing.

No disrespect to Blackpool though. I just think City should comfortably win these games. It's what their players are (over)paid for.

When the difference is so it does matter. City got extremely lucky which is embarrassing.

No disrespect to Blackpool though. I just think City should comfortably win these games. It's what their players are (over)paid for.

They are paid to get results and they're getting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Poor Holloway is gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Poor Holloway is gutted

He's like a little puppy, when he's happy I'm happy I'm :D but when he's sad I'm :(.

Missing my point but whatever..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Exactly. That's a ridiculous comment (about a well paid player should win because he's well paid). You could use the same argument for Rooney, Berbatov, Ferdinand et al yesterday against the Baggies. It's an irrelevance how much a player is paid if he's up against an opponent who's prepared to give his all (and then a little bit more). Didn't that same Blackpool go to Anfield last time out and beat the exceedingly well paid Gerrard, Torres, Carragher, Reina etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Holloway is a moaner. Does he really believe any of those decisions were intentionally given against his team because they're the smallest club in the league?

Missing my point but whatever..

No I'm not. You're saying that these players should be going out and dominating the little guy and comprehensively winning fixtures like Blackpool away. I'm saying it doesn't work like that.

However what you do pay the wages for is players who grab the game by the bollox and get you out of a hole, i.e. Tevez today, Johnson against Newcastle so far this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not unless it's today's officials you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Holloway is a moaner. Does he really believe any of those decisions were intentionally given against his team because they're the smallest club in the league?

I think Holloway is just flavour of the month at the moment - give it a bit of time and his mouthiness that at the moment is endearing will start to grate on the nerves a bit. It will be no co-incidence that it will get worse as their inevitable slide down the table happens.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »

boooM!

copacetic wrote: »

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think Holloway is just flavour of the month at the moment - give it a bit of time and his mouthiness that at the moment is endearing will start to grate on the nerves a bit. It will be no co-incidence that it will get worse as their inevitable slide down the table happens.
    On the money there. I never liked the bloke despite all the adulation that's around for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

flahavaj wrote: »

Also known as the 'Phil Brown Effect'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Frisbee wrote: »
    Also known as the 'Phil Brown Effect'

there is a touch of the phil brows about him

incidentally, wtf is phil brown up to...is he in a lavish condor in the carribean smoking cubans...

while talking to himself across a gold plated mirror...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great weekend, city 2nd from top..........Can't ask for more than that.:)

The noisy neighbours must've been extra noisy over the weekend with all the celebrating!!!:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Great weekend, city 2nd from top..........Can't ask for more than that.:)

You could ask to be top.

But small clubs, small ambitions.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You could ask to be top.

But small clubs, small ambitions.

Actually, considering Chelsea couldn't be caught at the weekend, it would have been impossible to ask for anything more.

Advertisement