Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a new timer

Options
  • 17-10-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

The APT timer for my gas boiler has stopped working so I'm replacing it with a timer from Homebase. The APT timer is fed from a junction box. The junction box has a brown (live) and a blue wire going to the APT timer. THe timer has a blue and a black wire going to the boiler - the black wire is wired with The new timer has spaces for blue and brown wires to go in and out and a common space for the earth. How should I wire the new timer - any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

call a sparkie

would have been simplest to replace like for like -if you're not familiar with timers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

m cebee has a point
    get a sparks to do it .probably save you money if you have to replace blown timer as well.

Advertisement