Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Local Multiplayer Games (Console Edition)

Options
  • 17-10-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Seen this on Screwattack, there is usually debate here about which and what games were great...so thought it would be an interesting post for discussion and debate, especially given that its a Console only edition :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/706037

I'm only starting to watch it now...but I'm thinking and hoping for

-Micro Machines
    -Goldeneye
    -Timesplitters 2
    -Crash team racing / Speedfreaks / Mario Kart
    -Super smash bros

They are the ones that immediately come to mind :)

PC edition coming soon they say..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Micro machines was just Epic, played it to death on the Megadrive.
    Anyone remember that course made out of a classroom tables?
    That ruler as a bridge from one table to another with only enough width for one car was just priceless :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing beats Bomberman. Boom Blox is a good newbie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Streets of Rage II
    Bomberman
    Micro Machines
    Pro Evolution Soccer series
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Worms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dcully wrote: »
    Micro machines was just Epic, played it to death on the Megadrive.
    Anyone remember that course made out of a classroom tables?
    That ruler as a bridge from one table to another with only enough width for one car was just priceless :D

I remember on the Megadrive you could have 8 players !!..where every other game only had 2.

The game itself came with 2 controller ports on the top..and then each controller was used by 2 people, 1 using the arrows, the other using buttons....amazing party stuff :D

Why they havent made it for XBox arcade or something is beyond me , amazing games !!

316460-mega_drive_j_cart_super.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Micro Machines
    Crash Team Racing
    Timesplitters
    Mario Kart
    WWF Smackdown
    Goldeneye
    Guitar Hero 5
    Warioware: Mega Party Games
    Call of Duty 4
    V-Rally 2
    Red Faction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SeantheMan wrote: »
    316460-mega_drive_j_cart_super.jpg

Had so much fun with that game.

The original ISS soccer game. Myself and my mate had a stero each and played a designated song every time we scored a goal. i'd a wonderfuly awful russian folk song.

Sonic the hedgehog 2, remember myself and the mate punching lumps out of each others for losing rings the chaos emeral levels.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Micro Machines for sure! Great wee game that.

Other games I've played Local or sometimes on LAN that have always been fun:
    Soul Calibur
    FIFA
    Tiger Woods
    Carcassonne
    Mario Kart
    Halo (I don't know why more FPS' on consoles don't have the customisation options this game has, it makes for a lot of fun when you have 3 teams with rocket launchers and gravity hammers and weird physics)
    CoD/MW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone else got any links to some of those top ten lists?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most lists are terrible especially the awful screwattack ones. The only ones I really trust is racketboys:

http://www.racketboy.com/guide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Most lists are terrible especially the awful screwattack ones. The only ones I really trust is racketboys:

http://www.racketboy.com/guide

Man some of those bring back memories of just pure ......frustration but I think games were hared back then
    but I was think lists along the lines of watching on youtube

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Man some of those bring back memories of just pure ......frustration but I think games were hared back then
    but I was think lists along the lines of watching on youtube

I usually find the youtube ones are written by idiots and not very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ah micro machines.. what a damn great game. Played it recently and tbh its still as good as it was many years ago. I feel sorry for the kids of today who probably dont know what that game even is.

Golden Eye was great too, but played it recently and turned it off after 10 mins...

You should add Conflict Desert Storm II. Brilliant co-op game on two and four players.

Advertisement