Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2011

Options
  • 17-10-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

So... first ten names will be announced on Tuesday, at which point 1,000 "early bird" tickets will go onsale for €99.

I'll probably get my ticket regardless. Can always sell it on if I can't go for whatever reason. Or if the lineup isn't great, but that's unlikely to be the case. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Great spot, will be buying my ticket on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any rumours? Wanna know what bands will be around festival season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

99euro seems ridiculously cheap! Does that mean there's no camping area for people? Last year's line-up was amazing.

Monzo wrote: »
    99euro seems ridiculously cheap! Does that mean there's no camping area for people? Last year's line-up was amazing.

Theres no camping, its beside a metro line and a bus line into the city centre. last year they kept the €99 price until January, this 1000 allocation is new

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mushy wrote: »
    Any rumours? Wanna know what bands will be around festival season.

Haven't a clue tbh. Usually whoever is playing Coachella gives a solid indication but they've been announcing Primavera acts progressively earlier each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haven't a clue tbh. Usually whoever is playing Coachella gives a solid indication but they've been announcing Primavera acts progressively earlier each year.

Ah sure only one day away really.

First names:

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
    Blank Dogs
    Broadcast
    Comet Gain
    Dan Melchior und Das Menace
    The Fiery Furnaces
    Half Japanese
    Papas Fritas
    Sonny & The Sunsets
    Triángulo De Amor Bizarro

No headliners surprisingly but I'm a big fan of The Fiery Furnaces and with Half Japanese to boot as well... good start already.

/ticket booked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

They said there will be a big announcement in a fortnight. Rumour mill says David Bowie!

Tix were €99 til Dec 31st last year, they're not being so generous this year.

Tix were €99 til Dec 31st last year, they're not being so generous this year.

Yeah, and with the success of this past summer's edition* and the attention the event is getting in the media outside of Spain, there is less incentive for the organisers to sell tickets at these low price points. The "early bird" prices used to run through to the year of the actual festival.

* = I don't think this year was a complete sell out, but it was close. Day tickets for Friday (the day Pixies played) had sold out afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They said there will be a big announcement in a fortnight. Rumour mill says David Bowie!

It is a running joke that Bowie is rumoured each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Toast wrote: »
    It is a running joke that Bowie is rumoured each year.
    ha ha :rolleyes: saw it on a few message boards and thought there might be something in it.

€99 tickets bloody sold out! Now €115.

€99 tickets bloody sold out! Now €115.

And there's a ticket limit of 1,000 on those as well.

Second batch of tickets are sold out in a snap too. Now tickets are priced €130 for two weeks. By this rate it will cost almost whatever the full price was after presales by next year. :eek:

New UK ATP event in Minehead for next May was announced there, less than two weeks before Primavera. Wouldn't mind seeing Animal Collective, Meat Puppets and The Frogs on the lineup!

Yeah, should get a good few of those atp bands playing it, the national are playing Portugal a few days before prima so could be a good bet, got my ticket, still no receipt yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I always forget about primavera tickets going on sale so early... Definitely gonna go again this year... I frickin love Barcelona! Any more updates on the line up?

Pulp have just been added to the line up on their reunion tour

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

indiewindy wrote: »
    Pulp have just been added to the line up on their reunion tour

Just came in to post that. Should be immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sallycinnamon_

Snap! Pulp, I can't believe it. I probably will go to this now seeing as I'll be living in Spain at the time :D

Is there camping at it or what? How much are tickets? My Spanish is poor!

Tickets are €130 plus booking fee until November 15, then they will probably rise to €140 or €150 which going by earlier years should be the max price, no camping allowed.
    http://www.primaverasound.com/pc/?page=entradas&lang=en

Don't know much Pulp myself (apart from Common People) so I'm a little indifferent to them being added. I'll give Different Class a proper listen. Didn't know they been going since the late 70s!

• Advertisement

More bands added
    flaming lips
    the national
    mogwai
    animal collective
    suicide
    John Cale
    swans
    Belle & sebastian
    Mercury rev (performing deserters songs)
    fleet foxes
    Lovely:D

Some great additions there... Animal Collective, Suicide, Swans (whom I missed when they played here last month).

I'll have to give a listen to The National and Fleet Foxes.

That is some line up. Think i'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I think I'm giving up on festivals. They all just seem too good.

Some more bands added tonight, all for the pitchfork stage
    Aias,
    Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
    Cloud Nothings, Das Racist, Emeralds
    The Fresh & Onlys,
    Games,
    Gang Gang Dance,
    Julian Lynch,
    Male Bonding,
    Twin Shadow,
    The Walkmen.

More info updated... Grinderman confirmed as co-headliner for the main event and the following acts play the closing party on Sunday 29 May:

Mercury Rev
    Deakin
    My Teenage Stride
    BMX Bandits
    The Vaccines
    Me and the Bees

http://primaverasoundinternational.wordpress.com/
    Last entry of the year and the latest on the festival. We are still working on the last details of the line up which will be ready by the end of January. Maybe we will keep some slots open to programme later and make the most of our annual date with SXSW. Meanwhile we are mainly focused on improving the production and on getting rid of any problems from previous editions. As I already told you there will be changes in the position of the stages in order to improve the circulation around the festival site. The news is that we will see the birth of a new stage that will be mainly for new bands. It is in a brilliant place, very close to the sea and I think that those of you who enjoy concerts where the public is closer to the artist will love it. And as a promise is a promise and I gave my word that I would reveal the programme of the Wednesday night in the Poble Espanol as soon as possible I can, unofficially, reveal that another of the guest artists that night will be Echo & the Bunnymen who will play their first two records back-to back. But as I said this is unofficial. We will be back with more confirmations mid-January. Happy New Year to you all.

Gabi

Echo and the Bunnymen... deadly. :)

Looks like most of the remaining lineup will be announced within the next month. Strange that he mentions that there will a new stage for new bands by the sea... doesn't that fit the description of the Addidas stage last year?

More additions today, the final big names will be announced at the end of January

Low
    shellac
    Caribou
    Jon Spencer Blues explosion
    pissed jeans
    Seefeel
    Dean Wareham playing galaxie 500
    Autolux
    The Album Leaf
    Oneohtrix Point Never
    Phosphorescent
    money mark

Loads of acts announced today... Interpol, PJ Harvey, Sufjan Stevens, DJ Shadow.

Most happy about Einstürzende Neubauten, Public Image Limited and Pere Ubu. :)

• Advertisement

Loads of acts announced today... Interpol, PJ Harvey, Sufjan Stevens, DJ Shadow.

Most happy about Einstürzende Neubauten, Public Image Limited and Pere Ubu. :)

It's a pretty amazing line up.

Advertisement