Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yeah, its amazing here are all the new names added today
    AINARA LeGARDON
    THE ANNUALS
    ARTO LINDSAY
    AVI BUFFALO
    BATHS
    BATTLES
    BERLINETTA
    THE BLACK ANGELS
    CARTE BLANCHECASPA
    CONNAN MOCKASIN
    CULTS
    CUZO + DAMO SUZUKI
    DARKSTAR
    DEL REY
    DJ SHADOW
    DM STITH
    DUCKTAILS
    DÚO COBRA
    EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN
    EL GUINCHO
    ÉL MATÓ A UN POLICÍA MOTORIZADO
    EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
    FIELD MUSIC
    GIRL TALK
    GLASSER
    GLENN BRANCA ENSEMBLE
    GOLD PANDA
    GONJASUFI
    BIG BOI
    HOLY GHOST!
    INCARNATIONS
    INTERPOL
    JAMIE XX
    JOHN TALABOT
    JULIA KENT
    KODE9 AND THE SPACEAPE + KODE9 BURIAL SET
    KOKOSHCA
    KURT VILE & THE VIOLATORS
    LA CÉLULA DURMIENTE
    LES AUS
    LINDSTRØM
    LÜGER
    M. WARD
    MATTHEW DEARTHE MONOCHROME SET
    NOSOTRÄSH
    ODD FUTURE
    OF MONTREAL
    ORNAMENTO Y DELITO
    PiL
    PERE UBU
    PERFUME GENIUS
    JAMES BLAKE
    PJ HARVEY
    RUBIK
    SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO
    SUFJAN STEVENS
    THE SOFT MOON
    THE SUICIDE OF WESTERN CULTURE
    SUUNSTHE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH
    THELEMÁTICOSTOUNDRA
    TUNE-YARDS.
    TY SEGALL
    WARPAINT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's a pretty amazing line up.

Yeah it's solid. I think it bests the lineups of the last two years.

What's the story with PJ Harvey live these days, does she play with a band or solo or what?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yeah it's solid. I think it bests the lineups of the last two years.

What's the story with PJ Harvey live these days, does she play with a band or solo or what?

both! Depending on the mood/album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The line up has got even better, think I'll have to go. If I can sort out good accomodation first I'll make a booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sivski

Thinking of going to this but haven't been before. So there's no camping at all? You just stay somewhere nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

if your doing some hotel research post up any findings here,
    I see tripadvisor have a 5 star hotel for 70 euro a night, suits me sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any chance of posting up the name of the place then?

I was at this fest last year but didn't book the apartment. A heads up on that 5 star for 70 would be great. Fancy splashing out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Strongly considering going to this, it will be my first festival so some questions to get my friends interested.
    1) Do you have to get an apartment yeah?No camping type thing no?
    2) Are the two venues far from each other?
    Thought I'd have more questions, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

You need an apartment. The second venue wasn't operating last year but Google puts it at a 9km drive. I've been in the area before and it with metros and everything it is a good 30 to 40 mins away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Considering going to either Primavera or Benicassim this summer? can anyone whose been to both give me a list of pros and cons for each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ali_lee

Just booked my ticket! Was at Sziget 2 years ago and I really loved it, European festivals in the sun are the way to go after experiencing mud and rain at EP and Oxegen. Never been to Primavera though, I was thinking of just slumming it and booking a hostel as opposed to a 5-star hotel... anyone ever done that before and any recommendations on places close by?
    Girl Talk swung it for me... can't wait to see Greg Gillis live!! Not to mention Animal Collective, The Flaming Lips, Grinderman, PJ Harvey, Fleet Foxes, Mercury Rev...
    Oh wow :)

If anyone has a spare couch/bed for me on the sunday night, greatly appreciated, the crew i'm going with need to be back for work on the monday... Will reimburse.

sorry, I'm just as homeless as you are that night! If in the meantime I stumble across a spare couch, you'll be the first to know.

Considering going to either Primavera or Benicassim this summer? can anyone whose been to both give me a list of pros and cons for each?

Been to both, didn't Camp at Benicassim so can't give you the overall feel of it. We stayed in Valencia and got a €5 bus home each night/morning. Valencia/Benicassim was great. It was nice and small between all the sages and loads of grassy parts to sit and laze around at. Vibe was good all around but there was a lot of druggy/scummy types around outside, snorting coke and shooting up as we left.

Primavera was great last year. It's a bigger set up than Benicassim and more concrete but there's a lot more on offer there, more stages including and indoor theatre. It's in the city so not far away from where you'd be staying but you wouldn't want to get stuck without a bus or taxi depending where you are as it can be a long walk home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jakobmckernan

Does anybody know if they'll show the Champions League final on the saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Does anybody know if they'll show the Champions League final on the saturday night?

They were supposed to show it at one of the preshows two years ago, but didn't in the end. Think it was some sort of rights issue.

If Barcelona are in it, I'm sure they'll have big screens up in the city. In 09, they had them down by the harbour. It was good fun down there, but the crowd was far too big for the area. I was quite worried during it that there'd be a crush. The city went mad after it with cops firing rubber bullets and stuff getting smashed up. Pickpocketers were out in force that night too, so be careful.

Looking at their forum, there is basically no chance of them showing the final on big screen due as earlier poster states to licensing problems, pity that the final is going to clash with the fest

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Really want to see the CL final - anyone know a bar near the site that will show it?

I booked into a hostel for the festival- no 4-star hotels for me sadly! Its called the Be Hostel Sound (or something to that effect), anyone know it? Or have any thoughts/advice on spanish hostels in general? I've heard not-so-good reports but I've hostelled a lot in Europe and elsewhere so hopefully can't be TOO bad... tips much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jakobmckernan

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Really want to see the CL final - anyone know a bar near the site that will show it?

There is a bar directly opposite the site but I would imagine it'll be jam packed. You'd want to get there early!

Have to bail on PS this year as it conflicts with another trip. :( Have a ticket for sale at the early bird price over on adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What time does the music start and finish at this?

nm wrote: »
    What time does the music start and finish at this?
    Music starts at around 5pm site and runs until around 4/5am, the headliners will be on around midnight or 1am, official times will be on the website any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Thanks Beans On, can't seem to get the megaupload link to work though

Onecoolcookie: I've made an attachment if you're still having trouble.

less than a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Great line up.

I hate you all. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

flying out Wednesday morning, can't wait.

Advertisement