Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I cant add my debit or credit card to the portal system, know a few others in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I booked two tickets for sufjan but nothing has changed except for the box has been removed so I cant re order them, is this normal?

Anymore news on the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I booked two tickets for sufjan but nothing has changed except for the box has been removed so I cant re order them, is this normal?

Anymore news on the weekend?

The deadline has passed so the option to buy them is gone now, good luck in the draw, hoping this ash cloud doesnt affect us getting out there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Don't think I got Sufjan tickets. Unless everyone elses says the same.

23-05-2011
    12:52
    RESERVATION AUDITORI
    0,00 EUR

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ash cloud, don't you dare.

• Advertisement

SMB i think i missed out on Suf tickets too.

Flying early tomorrow morning - nearly there, can't wait now!

I have the same aslo

How dissapointing, do you think its possible to turn up and beg or bribe your way in?

No idea tbh, but i prob won't queue to see him, i'll just see someone else. it's not like he's going to stop touring or writing music anytime soon... (right?)

Just got confirmation mail,

sweet fun on a stick yes!
    Hope ye all get them too now.

Plus the ash outlook is looking very good

Im just there on Friday any advice?

Advice: party on Wayne.

Just got confirmation mail,

sweet fun on a stick yes!
    Hope ye all get them too now.

Plus the ash outlook is looking very good

Im just there on Friday any advice?

• Advertisement

I spent far to long looking for a band/tent/event called party on wayne

I spent far to long looking for a band/tent/event called party on wayne

Popular culture reference 101.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jdjn

Very basic but mobile-friendly timetable at http://jordanneill.com/primavera/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I've got word a friend has already been pickpocketed. Be careful with your wallets people.. especially in / leaving the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenvan2000

a bit late in the day i know but if anyone finds themselves in Barcelona & is looking for a discount w/e ticket check out toutless thread/ McMurphy's post:
    http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?p=58876#p58876

was so good.

Yeah, really enjoyed it as well, got to see most of the bands I wanted to and discovered the swans, some live band, mercury rev last night was the perfect way to finish it. top bands for me were PJ Harvey,Low,Mercury rev,shellac,swans, fleet foxes,Kurt Vile . Low point was aer lingus cancelling my flight on the tuesday night 40 minutes before departure time:mad:

Pity the spectacular failure of the card credit 'recharge' system for booze. Q lot's of pissed off but not pissed punters demonstrating with the couldn't-care-less local bar staff. Great music though, Sufjan Stevens, Glenn Branca & Low the highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

How did the bar system work this year? I noticed they had some prepaid thing online. Sounds like it went horribly horribly wrong.

And which stages were moved, as a matter of interest? I presume Llevant is the new name for last year's Ray-Ban stage?

Still sounds like the magic was there from people posting here. No sign of them getting greedy or anything? Kinda got that feeling with the drastic change to how they sold tickets this year. I'm betting ticket prices will be higher again for 2012. Will have to get people psyched way earlier to get them in on the limited early bird ones.

• Advertisement

the bar system didnt work because the system crashed and people couldnt top up or use their cards on the thursday, I was happy using cash and just went to the less busy bars. The llevant stage is the stage that is away beyond the atp stage(old vice stage), ray ban stage was the big one next to the main san miguel stage. The festival was a lot bigger this year, but they are coping with the numbers better and it was easy to move between the different stages.
    The magic was still there and the timing is perfect right at the start of the summer festival season

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

The card system was a problem alright. We were at poble espanyol on Wednesday and it took about an hour to get the cards "associated" and then everything was fine. Thursday was a disaster at the start - no beer at all served for the first 2 hours, then only from 2/3 bars, with the remaining 20 or so closed. We ended up buying a couple of those €9 buckets from the dudes selling them from trolleys and backpacks. It'll be interesting to see what system is adopted next year.

Music wise, so many good acts - I really enjoyed Ducktails, The National, El Guincho, Big Boi.

The weather was perfect, crowds were bigger than last year but seemed to be more room because of the location of Pitchfork and Llevant. There were so many Irish heads there!

Watching the United Barca game at Llevant was a great experience and being around the city centre for the homecoming rocked as well.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Girl Talk. So much fun at 5am. I'll post up again later, like a zombie in work right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Girl Talk was great fun, especially after El Guincho. I was right up the front with my mates getting covered in confetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Did anybody catch Pere Ubu, I was even more disspointed that I couldn't go this year when I see them on the line up.

Also,

I read some reviews and it appears that Gonjasufi continues to suck live despite being great on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ugh, €62 still on my Swipe Card.

Apart from that it was great.

How did the bar system work this year? I noticed they had some prepaid thing online. Sounds like it went horribly horribly wrong.

And which stages were moved, as a matter of interest? I presume Llevant is the new name for last year's Ray-Ban stage?

Ray-Ban stage stayed in same place. Didn't care for the trek to the Llevant stage from the rest of the site - it was further away again than last year's Vice stage which was a food & booze area this time around. Also preferred the location of Pitchfork last year which was used in an extended food/booze area this year. Didn't seem to be any more stalls though - just more seats for the extra bums!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ugh, €62 still on my Swipe Card.

Apart from that it was great.

Contact them and give out that this was due to their system failure. In the past they've given refunds when beer ran out and people had still tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The drink situation was a disaster, just accept cash and stop making people queue to buy tokens/top up a card and queue again for beer. I couldn't get water to save my life on Friday and was pleading for some. To make it worse food vendors don't sell drinks so you can't go queue for ages for a drink to wash down food.

They got the go ahead to serve as I was talking to a guy so I was finally happy with that. Later that night Security assaulted me for walking towards a fence, ie to pee, but I wasn't near it yet. I held my hand up when I heard him shout to acknowledge I wasn't gonna go near. He walked over and kicked me. I pulled away before he could do more and legged it to friends.
    I read a contact on Twitters feed (met him over the weekend at it) that he was assaulted while working as photographer for NME at it. Pulled behind a stage, headlock, deleted all his work from the day and broke his VERY expensive camera and lens. He ended up in hospital to boot.

I loved it last year, not as much this year. Still had fun all the same.

Loved Interpol, saw their tiny show the night before as well. The last time I saw them in Olympia the National eclipsed their performance but I preferred them that weekend by far. National were great though, cool to see Sufjan singing backing vox. Sound for Warpaint was pretty bad and they knew it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement