Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - Cherrywood - Dublin

Options
  • 17-10-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Anyone planning to brave the new Luas route tomorrow for work?

Interested to see what your experience of getting there was like from Greystones..

Was up there at Bride's Glen today... no parking and no bus stops that I could see..

Everyone was using the Dell Car Park but that was only for the weekend, anyone using it tomorrow will be clamped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Anyone planning to brave the new Luas route tomorrow for work?

Interested to see what your experience of getting there was like from Greystones..

Was up there at Bride's Glen today... no parking and no bus stops that I could see..

Everyone was using the Dell Car Park but that was only for the weekend, anyone using it tomorrow will be clamped.

doesn't seem to be a practical option from here - there's nowhere to park if you're driving to it, while the 84 only runs once an hour, making it very awkward to connect coming back, and it apparently doesn't stop particularly near the Luas station anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

are there any plans to build a car park do you now?.... i cant understand how they would put a stop here and not build one

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

jobless wrote: »
    are there any plans to build a car park do you now?.... i cant understand how they would put a stop here and not build one

There are a lot of luas stops without carparks. I think the main idea of the luas was/is to promote the estates that are built around it and also boost sales and prices in thos estates. I believe it is more a system for the locals to walk to without parking their cars or for others on estates further down the line to get to all the offices at cherrywood. Some of the planned luas stops are not opening where there are ghost or unstarted estates.

They would however be crazy not to use some of the masses of open land at cherrywood to build a carpark. The only decent size car park on that whole line is Sandyford, as far as i know.

typical forward planning as usual in this country.... build a luas line but no park and ride facilities... not an option for anyone from greystones then....

as a point of interest... how do most people here commute into the city center?.. i'm asking because i may have to do it soon..

say for example i want to get to harcourt street... is the only option drive to sandyford and luas?.. the train would be a bit of a walk to harcourt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Going to Harcourt Street I would definitely car it to Stillorgan stop and get the Luas in.

On the odd time I need to go to the City Centre I tend to drive as my meetings are not generally near the Luas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there are plans to build a P&R at Carrickmines - apparently won't be until next year.

to get to Harcourt St, you could get the 84x to Leeson St and walk (< 10 mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

mebbe drive to kilmac and get the 145?

damian139 wrote: »
    mebbe drive to kilmac and get the 145?

how long does the 145 take normally?... is there safe parking around the bus stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Wife uses the option Blandpebbles mentioned as she works next to the Harcourt stop. Her commute is about 45 - 50 mins allowing for the traffic from M50 to the Stillorgan P&R.

I take the 84x to Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

MikeDragon, what time does your wife go at, that seems a long time to get to Stillorgan.

I commute to Sandyford most days and it takes 35 minutes by car leaving 8am, unless we have the fortnightly Fassaroe rearender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

its about 1 hour from kilmac on the 145, but theres no parking at all

Advertisement