Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood

• 17-10-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to ask this so please move if it's in the wrong place.

I will likely be cutting the tops off some rather large evergreen trees in the next few weeks in Bray. Anyone here interested in coming to take away the firewood? I will only be cutting it into manageable lengths, so you would need to bring a trailer or van to take it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jodysutts

Hi, i would be happy to take the logs from you. I am looking for logs to use in a woodcraft workshop so they sound ideal. i could also use them for firewood so i will defiantly take them off your hands. what length will you be cutting them to? I have a van and can get you whenever suits you.
    thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Probably cut them in sections of four feet or so. Looking at it again, there will probably be quite a bit of wood. I need to make sure that it will all be taken away, as I have no way of taking much of it. Can you take lots of wood or is anyone else here interested also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jodysutts

That sounds good. Is it all softwood? I have a van which I can fill, its a Volkswagen transporter, so ill take as much as possible. id say you'd get a fair bit in depending on the size of the trunk.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnthehandyman

I could take some if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

john. If you are looking for firewood then you will need to find stuff seasoned at least a year. Fresh timber wont work

• Advertisement
Advertisement