Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 website feedback - Its embarrassing

Options
  • 17-10-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that the treats section of the site has got a a bit of an update. You can select exactly what type of treat your looking for, and in what area which is great. Pity its not the same on the rest of the site.

Point One:

The shop. Looking for a phone, you can either select a make, a feature or a price. No mix and match, or a range of features. Its a joke compared to other operators sites. Its so outdated.

o2 Current setup:10ptu7l.jpg

Here is the new layout for selecting treats. If this was implemented in the shop, it would be a huge improvement. The manufacturers in the drop down list, and the features, 3G, camera, radio, touchscreen etc and select options, its not rocket science!
    25jbgwy.jpg

The Competition:
    (From left to right; Meteor, Vodafone, Three, eMobile, and a reminder of the o2 filter options)

123tzfc.jpg2uyfyus.jpg33djq1c.jpg16a4nco.jpg10ptu7l.jpg

Point two:

The 'Details Since Last Bill' in 'my account'. Why cant it be fixed so that free o2 calls and texts are part of the monthly allowance?. If you search the filter option for calls or texts outside your allowance all you see is a list of o2 calls and texts and cost is zero. Its so outdated its crazy. Similar to the shop search options, its one or the other, you can not select calls which are outside or inside your allowance.

Current setup: 1zl536w.jpg

Rant over! I cant be the only one that thinks this is so behind the times? Would love to hear from the o2 guys on here their thoughts on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I've been an o2 customer for roughly 11 years and in all that time their websites have been pants. I only log on to the site to get o2 treats, nearly always cinema voucher, so that takes me a few seconds. I use Cabbage for sending web texts.

A company with such huge revenues really need to get some decent website designers on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A company with such huge revenues really need to get some decent website designers on board.

Ye but it needs work, and not popups about going difference places when just slow the site down. Its really needs to be re-built. Its still digifone online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Their new forum is a massive step backwards in terms of usability as well. It's an incredibly poor piece of design and implementation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've been an o2 customer for roughly 11 years and in all that time their websites have been pants. I only log on to the site to get o2 treats, nearly always cinema voucher, so that takes me a few seconds. I use Cabbage for sending web texts.

Same here. been a customer of years on and off. The website has been just terrible almost all that time. Again I use Cabbage, for web texts, if I didn't have that I'd have left them ages ago.

Their new forum is a massive step backwards in terms of usability as well. It's an incredibly poor piece of design and implementation.

Couldn't agree more. They must have hired an anti usability designer.

I dunno its obviously the same team or manager who's driving this over the years because they consistently make the same mistakes. Slow flashy features, with poor usability. But don't give the users the features they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've been getting loads of unwanted O2 Treats texts and went to the site in the hope of unsubscribing. There's a link for unsubscribing alright but the page it leads you to only enables you to sign up, not leave :mad: I ended up having to ring up customer care to stop the texts coming and very weirdly, the girl on the other end of the line wanted my password so she could log into my account and cancel it from there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

New website design unveiled is nice, however you can't filter phones by Fm Radio option, not many phone options available as other competitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bestie wrote: »
    New website design unveiled is nice, however you can't filter phones by Fm Radio option, not many phone options available as other competitors!

Its still a great improvement to be fair, credit where credit is due! They haven't fixed the bill searching though

I can't agree. Considering the number of times they've redesigned it it should be amazing. I still struggle to find basic things on it. Its doesn't even fill the screen. So much wasted space all over it. Hard to tell whats a link and whats text. This is kinda webdesign 101 stuff. Can I filter phones by battery life? Autofocus, 3.5mm jack, usb charging? bah, no point going on about it. They don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

BostonB wrote: »
    I can't agree. Considering the number of times they've redesigned it it should be amazing. I still struggle to find basic things on it. Its doesn't even fill the screen. So much wasted space all over it. Hard to tell whats a link and whats text. This is kinda webdesign 101 stuff. Can I filter phones by battery life? Autofocus, 3.5mm jack, usb charging? bah, no point going on about it. They don't get it.

fills the screen on my netbook fine ;)

• Advertisement

bestie wrote: »
    fills the screen on my netbook fine ;)

Look at the screen shot here. The website is centered with empty space both sides.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Forum-News/New-O2-ie-site-design/m-p/166164/highlight/false#M3079

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

They've changed the site layout again :rolleyes:

Advertisement