Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help I have scorched my wooden table

• 17-10-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

does anybody know if there is anything I can do I was in a hurry and needed to iron a shirt so I put a towel down on the table and when I was finished and took up the towel it was white underneath, not that the table is expensive but I would like to repair it rather than buy a new one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Some people reckon you can steam it out with the iron, strange but it appears to work.
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf480173.tip.html

Try it at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

thanks for that I'm going to try it and see how it goes, worse thing that can happen is I will have to buy a new table :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you have any cigarette ash, rub that in to the mark.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thoie wrote: »
    If you have any cigarette ash, rub that in to the mark.

was just going to say this - my mother does it all the time and it works brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Some people reckon you can steam it out with the iron, strange but it appears to work.
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf480173.tip.html

Try it at your own risk.

TIP OF THE YEAR :)

We had a beautiful new table which someone left a hot coffee on... I saw this post last night and mentioned it to the wife..

She rang me in work earlier to say she decided to try it.. and it worked..

Just got home, and there is not a trace of the mark left.. (it was about 2" in diameter before).. Amazing..

• Advertisement
Advertisement