Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage junkyards

Options
  • 17-10-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know where i might find a vintage looking junkyard??? Maybe if there is a locally ran one, like in the country or something??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

By junk do you mean car scrap yard? There's a graveyard of car's in kilcock, its the biggest scrapyard I know of and about and only about 10 minutes down the M4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Few along the Greenhills Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Phl008 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i might find a vintage looking junkyard??? Maybe if there is a locally ran one, like in the country or something??

OP: I was also wondering what you meant by "Vintage Junkyard". It's not a term I am familiar with in Ireland but have heard relations in the US use it!
    What items are you looking to find?

There is a salvage place beside the War Memorial gardens in Islandbridge (near Kilmainham) and they usually have things related to the home etc.
    http://www.macswarehouse.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

http://www.traynors.co.uk/

Biggest and best... they're in the North just across the border on the road to Dungannon. Call them first to see if they can help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phl008

Ok I just realized how vauge I was.. I am looking to for scrap yards in hope to find one interesting enough to maybe make a (visual) documetntary on. Its for a college project and thought that there could some interesting story that coud be found at one.. If you know of one that fits the bill, id love to hear abour it. It doesnt have to be restricted to dublin.

• Advertisement

Phl008 wrote: »

Ok I just realized how vauge I was.. I am looking to for scrap yards in hope to find one interesting enough to maybe make a (visual) documetntary on. Its for a college project and thought that there could some interesting story that coud be found at one.. If you know of one that fits the bill, id love to hear abour it. It doesnt have to be restricted to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irish rwd

theres one in suncroft, co.kildare and he has 100's and 100's of old 70's and 80'd cars all rotting away. ger reid id his name. i know for a fact he is a hard man to deal with but best of luck. he is getting rid of everything (health + safety) so be quick if you get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Few along the Greenhills Rd.

Yep I'd say the ones on the Greenhills Rd that Gavin Shels mentioned would be perfect for your film.A friend of mine used to buy loads of bits and bobs in one particular place run by 2 brothers. Sorry name escapes me :confused:

Cheers for the info guys. Really appreciate it. Going to check the place out today.

Advertisement