Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am livid at Google

• 17-10-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I had been away for a few days. I come back and I'm locked out of my gmail account due to "suspicious activity"

"Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity Detected

This account has been locked down due to unusual account activity. It may take up to 24 hours for you to regain access.

Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:

Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP in a short period of time.Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
    If you feel that you have been using your Gmail account according to the Gmail Terms of Use, you can troubleshoot your problem by clicking here."

I know I have not been hacked. I am sure of it.
    I wait more then 24 hours, but I am still locked out!?

I post a support question, and one person replies, telling me to try do an account recovery. So I do, and I get an automated message, telling me I'm still locked out. Thanks for that?

I am losing money everyday, thanks to the non-existent Support provided by Google. Thank you.

You *****.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SeanKev wrote: »
    I know I have not been hacked. I am sure of it.
    How can you be sure exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

maybe you should use the premium version of gmail within google apps if you depend on it for business and you will also have support from google instead of complaining about the free gmail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

basquille wrote: »
    How can you be sure exactly?

Because after analyzing HJT logs, scanning with ESET Online Scanner, scanning with MBAM, scanning with Security Check. I am positive.

People have gotten this problem from "reading mail too fast" ffs, I've searched this topic and there are many like me.

cc wrote: »
    maybe you should use the premium version of gmail within google apps if you depend on it for business and you will also have support from google instead of complaining about the free gmail?

I was going to, then this happened. Ironic really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Your account could very well have been accessed remotely. Doesn't need to be anything on your computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

I was going to, then this happened. Ironic really.

ah fair enough so

Your account could very well have been accessed remotely. Doesn't need to be anything on your computer.
    Yep, exactly my point.

My password hasn't been changed, no other accounts have been logged into from another IP. No details changed.

My password hasn't been changed, no other accounts have been logged into from another IP. No details changed.
    But it's possible someone cracked your password, logged in via the web (or even used your details in a SMTP client) and send a massive amount of spam. Didn't change your password but due to the high rate of e-mail's being sent and their content - Gmail locked up your account.

basquille wrote: »
    But it's possible someone cracked your password, logged in via the web (or even used your details in a SMTP client) and send a massive amount of spam. Didn't change your password but due to the high rate of e-mail's being sent and their content - Gmail locked up your account.

Possibly yes, if this is the case. WTF do I do!?

• Advertisement

Possibly yes, if this is the case. WTF do I do!?
    I'd say it's somewhat out of your hands.... keep pestering Google is all I can suggest.

Irritating alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its free, they have no liability to you.

Anyone doing daily business via email should have their own domain and mail IMO. Its a few quid but in return you have full control and access. And having an @gmail.com hardly looks that impressive from a business perspective? Its not as bad as say a hotmail or yahoo(least in my eyes) but still.

Its free, they have no liability to you.

Anyone doing daily business via email should have their own domain and mail IMO. Its a few quid but in return you have full control and access. And having an @gmail.com hardly looks that impressive from a business perspective? Its not as bad as say a hotmail or yahoo(least in my eyes) but still.

I don't own a business. I'm selling my services. I started about a week ago so please excuse me for not having my own domain ffs.

I'm not the owner of a multi-client business, relying on free email services.

Thanks for your opinion though (not really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

google have deleted one of my blogs because its suspected of being spam.
    Have been waiting for 6 days for it to be manually reviewed and confirmed as not being spam but nothing yet.

Its an old blog and i dont really care but it is something which would greatly effect other people if they relied on the advertising or something on their blogs.

Just this minute I have noticed that it's unlocked.
    I don't have one spam message. Nice one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just this minute I have noticed that it's unlocked.
    I don't have one spam message. Nice one. :rolleyes:

There is a link at the end of the inbox, something like

"Last account activity: x hours ago on this computer. Details."

If you click on details, it give you the last few IP address your account was accessed from..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

My account was locked out before. I finally got the reason, there was a repeated and sustained hack attempt on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Would people prefer their accounts were hacked and gone for good?
    Or, have their account locked for a few days until the account is verified?

I know I'd prefer my account was locked out for a day/few days.

Advertisement