Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binatone F350 sat nav

Options
  • 17-10-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I have a garmin nuvi 250 sat nav, its a few years old and a bit out of date so i was thinking of updating the maps, but realised it costs €60 to download them. So argos have a binatone f350 sat nav for the same price... Has anyone used the binatone one, is it worth buying the new one or getting the update for the garmin, or does anyone have any suggestions where i'd get a reasonably priced (cheap!) satnav with up to date maps.

Cheers.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You probably should have posted this in the GPS forum but what the heck..

Have you ever registered the Nuvi 250 with Garmin? If the answer is 'no', do nothing with it and PM me.

Take a look at this thread on the GPS forum, specifically the first post by MYOB which mentions altering the date of first fix, I can do this for you and the update will be free. What's in it for me is that I have Garmin Mapsource on my PC and if I do the update for you the process will leave me with a copy of the latest maps on my PC as well as updating the maps on your Nuvi. I've done this about four times for colleagues at work, it's a tried and tested procedure but can only be done once for each unit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056060111

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

dont bother with the binatone, the garmin has a far superior interface and mapping , just get the updates they dont have to cost money but i cant tell you about that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Moved to GPS forum

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

sorry, didnt realise there was a gps forum.
    yeah i initially used the free update not long after i got it, so i think i registered it at the time as well, does this knock out the registry date option?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If up to date maps is what your after stick with TomTom or Garmin.
    With any other brands you just never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Twigster wrote: »
    sorry, didnt realise there was a gps forum.
    yeah i initially used the free update not long after i got it, so i think i registered it at the time as well, does this knock out the registry date option?

Yes, if you got a free map update you would have registered it so that option is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Would anyone be able to answer the question about the Binatone F350? Is it any good? I have to make a few trips from galway to Laois,Dublin etc and need something on a small budget. Argos has this at €60. I also see the Binatone G350, which is €73....want to keep price as low as possible but want something that will get me from A to B,C,D...and back to A again without too much confusion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to know who's maps are on the device and what version they are and if you get a free map update. Store units are generally out of date by about 6 months.

Advertisement