Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRIVER: San Francisco

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You seem to win a lot of comps.

\Suspicious

;)

Ha, I was going to say the same thing too!

Will try this demo later myself after the tv ad got me interested, not expecting much though...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

I have played the demo and I have to say I was really disappointed... strangely though my girlfriend really enjoys it..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I didn't find the demo great but was assured bysomeone who also found the demo to be a bit crap that the full game is a great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Demo wasn't great to be fair, but the game itself is probably one of my favourites so far this year. The variety in the missions is great, and even some of the non important side missions have their own little stories that are quite interesting.

Can anyone tell me what way multiplayer works with levelling up? Do you unlock more cars or modes? How are ye finding playing online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Each lvl unlocks different stuff, ie. modes, cars , abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Surprised by this, bought it on the cheap from gamestop but its actually a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Wertz wrote: »
    The Presidents run was difficult but not impossible...just needed a perfect "lap" and a little luck with the FBI cars. Took me a few hours but I got it and once you beat ot once it's easier. Driver was a cracking PS1 game.

I got a bad taste from Driv3r (GTA had me spoiled at that stage), but just the gameplay vids I've seen of this look great, so might pick it up...

Let us know what you think, as a fellow sucessful presidents run veteran and driv3r malcontent id be interested in your opinion.

Lots of ppl complaining about the demo, have to admit Ive never bought a game after playing the demo, i think they do more harm than good, ill stay away from this one so.

Just got my copy from Click this morning. Gonna lash into it in a little while but I had a look at the uPlay rewards and I have enough built up from previous ubi games to get all the rewards. Anyone else get any of these? Is the theme any good? Don't want to spend em if they are crap tho as I'm sure AC Revelations will have some rewards as well.

Rewards
    Driver: San Francisco Theme-10 Uplay Points
    Download the Driver: San Francisco Theme

Tanner’s Day Off Challenge-20 Uplay Points
    Tear through Russian Hill in Tanner’s iconic Dodge Challenger

Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Car-30 Uplay Points
    Unlocks the Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Car for use in Online games

San Francisco Challenges-40 Uplay Points
    Four Challenges that showcase different areas of San Francisco

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got my copy from Click this morning. Gonna lash into it in a little while but I had a look at the uPlay rewards and I have enough built up from previous ubi games to get all the rewards. Anyone else get any of these? Is the theme any good? Don't want to spend em if they are crap tho as I'm sure AC Revelations will have some rewards as well.

Rewards
    Driver: San Francisco Theme-10 Uplay Points
    Download the Driver: San Francisco Theme

Tanner’s Day Off Challenge-20 Uplay Points
    Tear through Russian Hill in Tanner’s iconic Dodge Challenger

Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Car-30 Uplay Points
    Unlocks the Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Car for use in Online games

San Francisco Challenges-40 Uplay Points
    Four Challenges that showcase different areas of San Francisco

I downloaded the theme, I quite like it. It alternates between a few wallpapers, B&W art ones of Tanner, Jones and Jericho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The go-kart and getting to the track were a cool part in DRIV3R

From someone who didn't like the demo, this game is well class! So addictive just going from activity to dare to misson. Just wish you could change the colour of the car when you buy one. Once you forget about the story, the game is really lots of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

Anyone have this game ?? I was a little disappointed with it TBH. Can't even get out of the car :confused: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ensti wrote: »
    Anyone have this game ?? I was a little disappointed with it TBH. Can't even get out of the car :confused: :eek:

They removed that part to focus more on the driving, which was an excellent decision imo.

I'm loving this, but am finding it hard to do the story missions until i finished all other missions/dares. :)

I was getting sick of looking for the dares, and was about to give up, when i
    finished Chapter 3 and got the level 3 shift!
    . That came at the best possible time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

OK, i need help from anyone who still has this game. I'm basically missing Speed Trap Activity 2, which has the prize of unlocking the Shelby somthing 427. Without it, i can't get the Radioactive achievement or the petrolhead achievement.

Can someone have a look at theirs and tell me where this activity is supposed to be?

It'll be handy enough to get a platinum in this, but if i can't do these i'm not going to bother. Cheers! #
    P.S.: Getting nothing from google.

Edit: Nevermind, have to be logged into the Ubisoft Server to see it! All sorted! Now for a bit of online grinding!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

This game was completely off my radar until I watched a review of it on gametrailers and the premise was explained which had me going WTF?

And then Yahtzee did a review (warning spoilers I think?) and strangely for him he actually gave it thumbs up...

especially strange since he hates almost everything that is not silent hill 2

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4181-Driver-San-Francisco

If I had not put money aside for BF3 I probably would have picked this up already but I'll prob pick it up next month to see if the batsh*t insane premise is worth a play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

any one know how many level/ranks there is on multiplayer kinda flying through the ranks after 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

well theres a trophy for rank 38 so that might be the highest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

tonydude wrote: »
    well theres a trophy for rank 38 so that might be the highest

found a police car that unlocks at 40 so could be that im 32 at the moment the ranking system is rubbish 2/3 games of takedown and im up another level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

new life breathed into the series. really slick engine under the hood n lots of official cars to unlock. how did this score so average.. particularly in comparison to burnout "paradise" or a simultaneous release like DX:HR? sure the story's daft, but at least the actual game is polished and the driving is more serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Has anyone got any tips for the Stunt mission "for Charity".

Its the mission you have to around getting all the stolen cars into the vans. Its driving me nuts!!! Ive done it 4 times and each time im about 4 seconds too slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭very

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Its the mission you have to around getting all the stolen cars into the vans. Its driving me nuts!!! Ive done it 4 times and each time im about 4 seconds too slow!
    I got in on my third attempt with about .001 left on the clock.

Visit ultimatedriver.info for more and post your Psn/gamertags to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Finally got it with 25 seconds to spare! I might post it in your finest moments in gaming thread!

That mission I slammed the last car so hard and fast into the trailer it got stuck in the roof! so shifted out n back, found myself parked beside the damn thing :/ but sufficient workaround. just made it in the final second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 artem

I used to be addicted to Driver I.... great game. After that I have not played another "driver game. I wonder how it would rank up against games like Test Drive and GTA. Both games have a free and open world... but listening to the people online driver isn't that great anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Darksaga87 wrote: »

That took me a while.. Some great levels in the game, nice bit of variety...

Driver San Fran is 69.99 euro to download the game from PSN. Jesus!!

Despite eliminating the physical side of the product it costs €20 more than I paid?!

may be capitalizing on the old "If it saves me the effort then money is no object" adage. Scumbags.. about to resume the campaign anyhow. albeit with a sour taste

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Win a copy of the game on PS3 or XBOX 360 on http://www.ultimatedriver.info/competitions.html Just follow the instructions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement