Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are they ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brocdubh

medicman wrote: »
    if they do vist you, make sure you have a witness or 2 with you, also for safety sake.
    thanks,if they do call to my house they will be on camera,i work in the security industry and i`m well used to being threatened, don`t worry me in the slightest,i`m clever enough to let them make the first move,black badger by name,black badger by nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well, if you know where the guy is and that he is selling the meat out of his back yard for wont of a better word,and its going into the human food chain.I'm sure the food standards authorithy would be intrested,not to mind the local council that somone is running a butchering operation without the proper permits etc from a private residence?As well as the HSA,local and national media etc,that there is some dubious chacter possibly supplying a very expensive dinner that you might be eating this Xmas from less than hygenic premisis and possible illegally taken venison??

For my money this is where the the EU and UK have got it right in selling game and liscensing etc.If you want to sell into the food chain,it has got to be done properly and hygenically.One reason I wont eat game in a resturant..No idea who or how it was butcherd out.
    You personally,should be able as a hunter to sell the game straight to a resturant,and cut out the middleman who proably has less qualifications to sell it further than you do.In Germany as a qualified hunter ,you can sell straight to a resturant,as there is a perfect track back.Local hunter,local resaturant.Simple:).Cant see why we cant do the same here.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Well, if you know where the guy is and that he is selling the meat out of his back yard for wont of a better word,and its going into the human food chain.I'm sure the food standards authorithy would be intrested,not to mind the local council that somone is running a butchering operation without the proper permits etc from a private residence?As well as the HSA,local and national media etc,that there is some dubious chacter possibly supplying a very expensive dinner that you might be eating this Xmas from less than hygenic premisis and possible illegally taken venison??

For my money this is where the the EU and UK have got it right in selling game and liscensing etc.If you want to sell into the food chain,it has got to be done properly and hygenically.One reason I wont eat game in a resturant..No idea who or how it was butcherd out.
    You personally,should be able as a hunter to sell the game straight to a resturant,and cut out the middleman who proably has less qualifications to sell it further than you do.In Germany as a qualified hunter ,you can sell straight to a resturant,as there is a perfect track back.Local hunter,local resaturant.Simple:).Cant see why we cant do the same here.
    our german comrades seem to have their act together, i`m getting my facts together about these gougers before i make a complaint to the relevant authorities, i managed to track down a former comrade of theirs, he went out with them once just after getting his licence, as soon as lamps were produced he got into his car and went home, he tells me that they are also known to use nets between gates as well and chances are better than average that they will be around the ballysaggert/ballyduff/lismore area this weekend

medicman wrote: »
    down on one of our permissions last week down kenmare way, received a call from the farmer, his next door neighbour had a guy shooting 18 deer in 1 day, male, female and calf's for dog food, might be the same guys, i was not impressed, i asked my farmer to keep a lookout and get the reg of the van next time and i will contact the garda and npws about same. we informed our farmer that it was against the law to shoot like that this time season, but he stated that his next door neighbour was unaware of the shooting as he was out until his next door neighbour told him a few days later, just remember next door is a misnomer, next door is 1-2 klicks away.

anyway, we will be keeping a sharp eye out for these b******s and hope to catch them in the act.
    just talked to a friend of mine from nth kerry, they put a rumour around a while back that they"worked him over" don`t think so somehow:D, anyway he describes their head man as a "emaciated english pikey" who calls everyone "mate"he gave me the phone numbers they have on their vehicles,they check out as mid west forestry,forestry services and a private mobile number and they have told some landowners that they "work for the government"the plot thickens:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Only just read this thread now. Really hope someone with the relevant info on these fly-by-nights passes it on to the authorities and they get stopped as soon as !! Heard similar stories round the midlands, one forestry contractor told me he'd heard of lads going out lamping at night shooting 20/30 animals and straight down to the dealers with the trailer load in the morning !! These are not sporting hunters, out just to make a quick buck !! I'm not gonna pretend I dont send my fair share of meat to the dealers but it is just a bonus, helps cover fuel, running the cold room etc, but not in a million days stalking would I turn a profit !!

• Advertisement

tfox wrote: »
    Only just read this thread now. Really hope someone with the relevant info on these fly-by-nights passes it on to the authorities and they get stopped as soon as !! Heard similar stories round the midlands, one forestry contractor told me he'd heard of lads going out lamping at night shooting 20/30 animals and straight down to the dealers with the trailer load in the morning !! These are not sporting hunters, out just to make a quick buck !! I'm not gonna pretend I dont send my fair share of meat to the dealers but it is just a bonus, helps cover fuel, running the cold room etc, but not in a million days stalking would I turn a profit !!
    totally agree with you on that,i have no problem with anyone making a few euro,what really gets me is the wholesale slaughter and them breaking every rule in the book and getting away with it and to cap it all, the attitude we`re here now,f....off locals or anyone else,the problem is they will attract they attention of the law and some innocent will carry the can,i was out foxing over the weekend,the lady who owns the land said"i saw the lamp in the glen,did you get a deer or two"touche

tfox wrote: »
    our lovely secretary has been banging away at her keyboard, she, has dug up all the relevant regulation about passing venison into the human food chain, a few well appointed letters have been sent to the local county council,food standards safety authority etc i will keep you posted as to what happens, most of all thanks to an ex member of "club"who filled me in with more than one piece of verifiable information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I'm not lucky enough to have a deer hunting license \ permissions YET - but just wanted to say fair play to ye lads - ye're doing a great job at protecting ye're lands and ye're sport in general - Its scumbags like these that antis will use and label them as "Conventional Deer Hunters" when they're anything but - well done, put the pressure on them and get them stamped out the legal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

brocdubh, take a bow. Now let's hope the appropriate authorities follow up on it. I for one would love to see prosecutions.

vixdname wrote: »
    I'm not lucky enough to have a deer hunting license \ permissions YET - but just wanted to say fair play to ye lads - ye're doing a great job at protecting ye're lands and ye're sport in general - Its scumbags like these that antis will use and label them as "Conventional Deer Hunters" when they're anything but - well done, put the pressure on them and get them stamped out the legal way.
    thanks i wish you luck with your licence and permissions,to quote a sniper marksman,"a good shooter is easy to define,he knows when to shoot,a better shooter knows when not to shoot"

• Advertisement

brocdubh, take a bow. Now let's hope the appropriate authorities follow up on it. I for one would love to see prosecutions.
    they turned up at a farmers door over the weekend demanding access over his land to a forestry,they claimed they had been informed by the gardi that deer from the forestry had caused accidents on the road,he told them that he had already been contacted by south west forestry and his stockman had a npaw deer licence and that they were not welcome on his land,my friend who contacted me about this knows these characters too well.

i heard from a friend that the"iwfcss"are back in action,apparently some gouger who fits the description of their"founder and chairman":confused:approached two stalkers in the east waterford area claiming he was a "irish wildlife ranger" and demanded to examine their guns and licences,he was informed that he was not a ranger and very nicely he was told to F...k off and informed he was in fact trespassing ,the two stalkers phoned the gardi and managed to get his reg number,so we will see what happens.
    even after all the work that has been done on these gougers,nothing has been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

brocdubh wrote: »
    i heard from a friend that the"iwfcss"are back in action,apparently some gouger who fits the description of their"founder and chairman":confused:approached two stalkers in the east waterford area claiming he was a "irish wildlife ranger" and demanded to examine their guns and licences,he was informed that he was not a ranger and very nicely he was told to F...k off and informed he was in fact trespassing ,the two stalkers phoned the gardi and managed to get his reg number,so we will see what happens.
    even after all the work that has been done on these gougers,nothing has been done.

some neck on that lad. i have not seen any sign of anyone like that on my patch in tip or kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

thats bloody shockin, at least the 2 lads had the right idea and told him to f**k off, if any1 not drivin a garda car asks to "inspect" my firearm they will be told the same untill im sure who they are. id say there would be some that would just hand them over no questions asked

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    some neck on that lad. i have not seen any sign of anyone like that on my patch in tip or kerry
    they are based in the north kerry area,most you hear about them around the eastcork/waterford area they have been seen around the kenmare to waterville area earlier in the season.
    the head man is a nasty piece of work,i heard a rumour that they "worked over" a partially disabled man a couple of months back who stood up to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

they are based in the north kerry area,most you hear about them around the eastcork/waterford area they have been seen around the kenmare to waterville area earlier in the season.
    the head man is a nasty piece of work,i heard a rumour that they "worked over" a partially disabled man a couple of months back who stood up to them

do you know how many of them there are. where they are from and so on. if i ever come across any one like that i will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

well done brocdubh more power to ya! im hoping to get my deer hunting licence for next season.but sounds like these guys are going to spoil it for everyone! good to see someone taking a stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

if noting is done every one should get together and organise or own foresrty protection and deer protection group and have a gentle word

but whos to say there not on boards reading and lookin for hot spots

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

By all accounts they are nothing more than scumbags, these are the people making everything harder for the genuine shooter.

The guards and NPWS in some cases seem to drag their feet instead of just going out and dealing with the likes of these criminals.

Personally i think media attention would stop them very quick and possibly give the honest genuine deer shooter a chance. How many farmers/land owners would be willing to give permission after the likes of these c**ts.

The likes of the farmers journal, irish shooters digest, some uk based magazines and publicity by the IFA as well as others would surely make them more aware and put pressure on the authorities to shut them down and convict them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Reading throught the posts there appears to be a hint of attempted fraud by misrepresentation as well. Asking people to hand over a gun saying you're a ranger while you aren't is quite a serious offence.

• Advertisement

Hondata92 wrote: »
    By all accounts they are nothing more than scumbags, these are the people making everything harder for the genuine shooter.

The guards and NPWS in some cases seem to drag their feet instead of just going out and dealing with the likes of these criminals.

Personally i think media attention would stop them very quick and possibly give the honest genuine deer shooter a chance. How many farmers/land owners would be willing to give permission after the likes of these c**ts.

The likes of the farmers journal, irish shooters digest, some uk based magazines and publicity by the IFA as well as others would surely make them more aware and put pressure on the authorities to shut them down and convict them
    our secretary spent a lot of her own time writing letters to the relevant authorities about these gougers some months ago,what happened,sweet F A.
    i spent the afternoon around the north kerry area, i met a very good shooter who knows the I W F C S S head man,i was told in very clear terms that they will not be"touched" as he has great pull with a certain person in authority and it was well known in the area,he then told me to go into jim halpins gun shop in listowel and mention this mans name and gauge the reaction,he told me to be near the door when i did it though.:eek:
    as for one of them claiming to be a ranger,their had man claims he gets deer licences en bloc for his "members".
    it just seems it`s back to the old saying"not what ye know,but WHO"

all sounds very sussed alrite. nobody is untouchable, if the guards who it was reported to wont do anything ya go over their heads and if still nothin is done ya go further untill you get what you want and they get what they diserve. writing letters to the powers that be is all well and good but an official complaint has to be followed up and if you dont get satisfaction go straight to the paper and have them outed that way

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

there's always joe duffy: there would be a serious amount of people listening to that show every day. it would clue people in (farmers and land owners) to whats going on. just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Good idea! A lot of people who eat their dinner in the middle of the day listen to Joe. :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Good idea! A lot of people who eat their dinner in the middle of the day listen to Joe. :D
    is it your job to pop up all over boards with stupid comments??? the lads r havin a serious conversation here

EDIT; took him up wrong, sorted in pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Seriously, how is my comment 'stupid'? Because I used a Healy-Rae phrase to describe farmers, or because I included a smilie? Txt spk is stupid, imo. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

kildare I think you have taken up Esel the wrong way there from how I read it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

I know someone down in Kenmare who had someone offer them 400 euros for permission to shoot on her land. I think he was taking people out shooting for trophy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Gents Guys any further development on this, are they gone quite with the season over?

• Advertisement

sadly no, they are still around,i saw one of them around new market on fergus last week,a friend of mine from north kerry told me they are still operating,
    but now they have their vehicles decorated with "I W F C S S,deer management services"

Advertisement