Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are they ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Guys it sounds like a nightmare situation. They are bullying their way in to everyones stalking areas. And under false reasons. Sounds like they have no more interest in deer managment than I have in fox/magpie/gray crow managment. Where are the deer managment organisations on this ie WDA etc. This is clearly a profit driven group not a deer managment group. Guys you need to stop this now, otherwise they will kill ur sport. And by the sounds of it, no area is safe. My advise consult with the Deer groups and the NPAWS etc. Agree what way this needs to proceed and do it ASAP. Guys keep this live :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brocdubh

PICT0704.JPGthis was sent to me from nth kerry yesterday,this crowd should go back to tarmacing driveways or selling hokey chainsaws in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

brocdubh wrote: »
    PICT0704.JPGthis was sent to me from nth kerry yesterday,this crowd should go back to tarmacing driveways or selling hokey chainsaws in my opinion

where in north kerry are they based

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    where in north kerry are they based
    listowel area out on the ballylongford road,they have another place in ballysaggartmore in waterford which they use as a shooting base during the season:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

For future reference.
    The pic should be in reference to somthing. IE this photographed on one of their vechicles so we all would have an idea for what type of 4X4,van etc we should be on the look out for.The more info thats gatherd on them the better.But wether our "deer socities" will do anything is another thing altogether.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The deer society will do nothing,and that's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Well then guys, how is it to be stopped? Are these guys using lights etc? Just as a matter of interest how many of them are there? Has anyone approched the local ranger to see what they think, if the ranger is supporting them then you have a problem, if not they may be your best option to stop them. On another point are they not forcing their way onto land under false pretences, would that not be against the law.

sorry,ok,that shot was taken from the bonnet of a dark blue 94 nissan terrecan 4x4,the one to watch out for is a green 91 or 92 toyata hi lux surf covered with these banners,usually driven by a small weasely guy in his late 50`s

marlin vs wrote: »
    very true and neither have the parks and wildlife,they are back in operation again this season:confused::mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

i think this how they get a lot of their info from, one of them works for a certain forestry company !

Two problems

Friend was at a meeting with a representative of probably the same certain forestry company a year or two back, where their positon was made quite clear.
    "One deer left in this country is one too many"

Next, I'm sure many have the same problem , try to manage the deer population sustainably for a few farmers. But what they really want is for us to wipe out every last one. "their eating his grass"

I still believe we can educate many of the farmers.

Selling out of a cold store in a garden, I know a public health inspector who said he would find this very intresting, as would his counterpart in that area, a great reason for a day out of the office.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

marlin vs wrote: »

How about AGS, then?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 47 teckel

Name them and shame them!!!;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

teckel wrote: »
    Name them and shame them!!!;);)
    No.

Look, mod hat on for this one.
    You can't go around naming people on here and saying they're poachers because you saw them out shooting, for two reasons:
    • You should be saying it to the Gardai, not us. Stop complaining and do something, in other words.
    • If you're wrong, or even if you can't prove you're right, you'll have just accused someone of a crime in public, and that's grounds for a defamation lawsuit, and you can kiss your car goodbye, if not more as a result.
    And in case you think you wouldn't be the focus of the lawsuit, go reread rule five of the charter again.

That's why the various societies won't do the name-and-shame idea. Because unless you do it perfectly, you'll lose an enormous amount of money - and you could lose some of it to people who were poaching but about whom you couldn't prove it; and more ethically, you might ruin someone's reputation by mistake, which isn't something you can easily undo; and even if you did it perfectly and avoided those pitfalls, you're still only managing to have what amounts to a large bitching session. If you don't report it to the Gardai and see a prosecution brought, it's just not getting anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dachipster

Search 'Deer Control' on donedeal. Is this them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Dachipster wrote: »
    Search 'Deer Control' on donedeal. Is this them?

Is it just me or is donedeal.ie blatantly using double standards here allowing obvious deer stalking \ hunting on its site, but was on boards.ie not too long ago making excuses as to why it wouldnt allow rifle scopes and traps and other hunting related items be advertised on their site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

DD are **** and we shouldnt even mention them here as its free advertising for there company,just dont use them as there rules are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They could possibly be meat hunters, just out to clean an area out and sell the carcasses to the dealers.

I don't understand how they can sell animals taken with a recreational hunting license. Here in the States its illegal to sell or buy any such meat, it can only be used for your own personal consumption . You should lobby for the sale or purchase of such meat to be made illegal only then will you you start to rectify this situation . Also when you kill a deer you should have to have your deer tag validated by a competent person just like here .

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    I don't understand how they can sell animals taken with a recreational hunting license. Here in the States its illegal to sell or buy any such meat, it can only be used for your own personal consumption . You should lobby for the sale or purchase of such meat to be made illegal only then will you you start to rectify this situation . Also when you kill a deer you should have to have your deer tag validated by a competent person just like here .

Cruisedub - people like this are nothing more than shooting locusts, unlike you and I who have get in the draw for a tag to shoot just one deer, these so-called sportsmen wouldn't know a deer tag if it bit them in the ass.

tac

Funnily enough, that ad on donedeal.ie has been removed.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

vixdname wrote: »
    Funnily enough, that ad on donedeal.ie has been removed.....:)

they left this one up :rolleyes:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/2524659

• Advertisement

...their vehicles decorated with "I W F C S S,deer management services"

They should show a little honesty in advertising by bearing the words 'Deer Slaughtering Services - you'll never see another after we've gone!!

'Despicable' is most polite word I'd use to describe this kind of activity.

tac

homerhop wrote: »
    they left this one up :rolleyes:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/2524659

I think that one is gone now aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Without turning this into a done deal bashing ad..... I posted and paid for a link to our e-zine they took it down as well. I am really starting to think they just don't like field sports at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

they are back in action,this time as irish deer management services

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

now also claims to be a member of the hells angels
    Ohhhh..That could be serious...For HIM!!:eek::D
    Considering that HA take a very dim view of people doing silly things with their trademark red & blue.Shall we say their trademark infringement resoultion discussions are somwhat ...extreme!!
    Usually involves ball peen hammers and rather painful bits of your anatomy...:eek:
    It isnt very advisable to go around saying you are a HA unless you have the full patch and are genuinely one .So if he claims to be of the righteous brotherhood,a simple question as to where his patch and colours are will solve it,as any HA will be only too proud to display his patch,and will wear it openly .
    Sounds more like BS to intimidate the natives to me!:rolleyes:
    UPDATE.
    After asking two of my friends here who are big and long time bikers and total bike nuts,[and one who is in a 1% dissent club] about HA in Ireland.There is NO formal HA chapter in the ROI.
    So he can call himself what he wants,its BS!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Were they following you or was it just coincidence? I see it says forestry services on it too, are they doing forest work and shooting problem Deer too or goin around buying up permission to sell it again?

Advertisement