Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Speed Has Decreased

• 17-10-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

A few months ago, when we moved back to Eircom from Perlico, we got 3MB broadband, our actual download speed was around 1.5-1.7MBs which was quite good.

PLaying online games (FIFA) and being on the internet at the same time was no longer really a problem with hardly any lag, however in the last few weeks it has gotten really slow at times. It isn't all that slow right now, but it can be agonislingly slow, especially when playing online games.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

emmetmcl wrote: »
    A few months ago, when we moved back to Eircom from Perlico, we got 3MB broadband, our actual download speed was around 1.5-1.7MBs which was quite good.

PLaying online games (FIFA) and being on the internet at the same time was no longer really a problem with hardly any lag, however in the last few weeks it has gotten really slow at times. It isn't all that slow right now, but it can be agonislingly slow, especially when playing online games.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    yea same here streaming videos are gone very slow keep rebuffing and online gameing fine doh can get alot of hitmarkers in FPS and quick pause now and again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you using wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

yeah, using wireless, would be very inconvenient otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i am the same, its never the 3mb speed im paying for, its more 1mb - 1.5mb which is crap, but someone told me that for each server with eircom there are 6 people using that server, so thats 6 people sharing a 3mb server. hence why maybe the speed goes right down very slow!!! i dont know that could be bull****, but it does make sense to me seeing how slow 3mb is and i cant upgrade as thats the fastest i can get because eircom hasn't upgraded the lines and arent planning to do so in the future neither.

Advertisement