Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surprised by how a death has affected me

• 17-10-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

What you are feeling is totally normal so don't find it strange or anything like that. I'd say it's a mixture of the young age and thinking about all the things they will never get to do. When someone around our own age dies it makes you think how easy life can just stop.

It's happened me unfortunately quite a few times all of them seriously tragic and heart breaking. Because you have had interaction with them...no matter how small you still had that interaction/connection to them briefly and when you find out they no longer in this world, it's like a slap in the face the shock of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I would have thought quite the opposite, if I'm going to go, I'd rather it happen so quick that I didn't realise what's happening...a disease on the other hand I think is worse, it's more like being on death row.

I understand how you feel by the way, and as another poster mentioned, it's very normal, and will fade with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

People are affected by deaths in loads of different ways, and often for a really long time afterwards, maybe forever. What you are feeling is normal. It is shocking when someone dies so suddenly, so out of the blue and it makes you realise how precious life is, and how delicate. It's scary. It's sad, it's really sad and it's one of those things I think should never ever happen but sadly happens all the time.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time dealing with this, and I hope you feel better soon. Don't for a second think what you're feeling is strange though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I am so sorry you lost a friend :( (Well sort of a friend)

Its hard NOT CARING about someone,especially if you have LOVE in your heart..

grouphugym7.gif

Advertisement