Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco online

Options
  • 17-10-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone in the Sligo region used the Tesco.ie online shopping service? If so, what has the experience been like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Did it years ago and it was grand then so what's the worst that can happen?

Every little hurts....

http://www.tescopoly.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

My wife did it last year everything seemed to be going quite smoothly. She contacted them two hours after the agreed delivery time stating that nothing had arrived yet. The driver phoned us an hour or so later, he was in Templemore and we are in Grange.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I've used it a lot, and it's always been great. The substitutions have always been sensible and the delivery team are lovely.

They seem to be a lot busier lately so it's worth booking your delivery slot two days ahead if you want it on a certain day. Just put one item into your basket and book the slot, you can go back and add to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I used it during the snow. Was chancing my arm as I couldn't get out and didn't think they'd get to me but they did.
    A great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

My wife did it last year everything seemed to be going quite smoothly. She contacted them two hours after the agreed delivery time stating that nothing had arrived yet. The driver phoned us an hour or so later, he was in Templemore and we are in Grange.....:eek:

Templemore?? In Tipp??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yes. I went back to the address t see if there was a mistake but it was all correct. Haven't used it since...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

you'll be grand as long as you don't order fruit and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

you'll be grand as long as you don't order fruit and veg.

What's the problem with ordering Fruit and Veg?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Used it a number of times meself, and always found it great. Even during the snow last winter like magnumlady, and they almost got to my house. I was able to get to the van which couldn't quite reach me (about 1 mile away) and they knocked off half the delivery cost. Never had any problem ordering either refrigerated, frozen or fresh food, all in good condition.

One word of caution, though, if I'm shopping in the store, I'll always take the item with the farthest away Best Before Date, but the online shopping doesn't give you that chance. You may find that some of your items are going out of date in 2/3 days instead of a week or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I've not had any problems myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the concern i would have with fruit and veg is that the person picking out the shopping may not be as particular as the person who the shopping is for.

ie, might take me a minute or so for each item, checking for bruising, freshness, etc.

Advertisement