Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cops in portmarnock

Options
  • 17-10-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know what the garda cars and helicopter were doing in portmarnock Saturday night / Sunday morning about 2am 16th / 17 october 2010. I counted 6 cop cars speeding throught portmarnock. Then the helicopter came over and was shining it's lights towards the high rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This was most likely the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Typical

I know exactly what you mean. 6 cop cars & a helicopter just because there's a bit of a dust up in a hotel in Portmarnock. A bit overkill tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well is Portmarnock usually a busy place for Gardaí?

I wouldn't have thought so. Well, apart from the alleged "gangland-style" killing there a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

No Portmarnock doesn't have its' own station. They rely on Gardai from Malahide & Howth for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

WTF is going on in Portmarnock its really gone down hill now! First that gangland killing down the bottom (the hood as I like to call it :p) and now this feck sake, what next??

I actually heard this the other night. It was so loud I could hear it but I couldn't see it, for a second I thought a plane was about to fall on my house :D but than thought it was just another drive by shooting and the likes so just drifted back to sleep Zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Hill Billy wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. 6 cop cars & a helicopter just because there's a bit of a dust up in a hotel in Portmarnock. A bit overkill tbh.

In fairness I don't think it was due to the fact that it was in Portmarnock, I'd wager the strong garda presence was due to the fact that it was a fight at a traveller wedding, and there was a potential for it to get massively out of hand. Although a helicopter for one fight? :rolleyes:

Advertisement