Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had to disable my Nvidia Graphics card what will this do ?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

so i have been having terrible trouble with my laptop lately, maleware problems screen problems. I restored the factory setting but i was still getting the problems with the screen i had read that the graphics card i have was known to be faulty so i disabled it and everything seems fine now (fingers crossed). What i want to know is how will disabling the graphics card affect my laptop ? im no expert im very lucky i was able to fix it at all. The graphics card is Nvidia 8600 btw :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You won't be able to see anything :p

Either you have onboard integrated video in there as well as the discreet 8600GT, or you've just killed the card's higher functions and gone down to VGA Mode, which won't stop the problems. If you're brave and the GPU can be removed from the laptop's insides you can revive it like this but if it is a part of the laptop's motherboard you'll probably be looking for a new laptop once the GPU finishes dying :o:(

Advertisement