Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need spywear recs ? where to down load spybot search & destroy ?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I have just restored the factory settings on my laptop due to so many problems. I have installed AVG free edition, and want to download spybot search and destroy but from where ? I'm so wary of downloading anything after all my problems. Also do i need anything else i want the best protection well the best free protection im pretty broke i cant fork out money right now for anything.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

CNET is one of the few places I will download freeware from. Never had any problems.

http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=mncol;4

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

yeah CNET is the way to go

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Brilliant thanks ! do you think im ok with AVG then and Spybot ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks ! do you think im ok with AVG then and Spybot ??

Yes, update and immunize with Spybot, run a scan once a month. Set Avg to scan once a week, in the evenings will be fine, this way it'll not be scanning everyday when You boot (default is 8Am) slowing You down. Also get ccleaner, install it and run it once a month also, be sure to untick where it wants to install the Yahoo toolbar

Advertisement