Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Sam: The First Encounter "Unable to see LAN games"

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

This is the original first encounter, not the HD release.

anyway, no matter what I do, I can't get my brother to see a game I am hosting over LAN. My PC is in a DMZ while his laptop is not, because I can't find out what ports to forward. Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You don't need dmz over lan, a firewall only blocks incoming from the internet therefore there's no ports to forward. Take it out of the dmz and see how You get on, give each pc a static ip in the same subnet as the router and make sure they can ping each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Static IP! I forgot to give the laptop one! Thanks man, will try it later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Right, days later I found out the problem, the laptop wasn't connecting to the network properly (not identifying it as "Home" but as Public), a quick switch and add to the homegroup and it all works!

Advertisement