Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameras!

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows any camera's that can withstand a kayaker who capsizes a fair bit? :P I need it to be under €120, if possible, and with something strong to attach it to myself, at least until I learn the roll. Just saw a few friends out with them today and I want to be able to take pictures too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I found the Pentex Optio range of waterproof cameras to be the best compact waterproof cameras. I had a W60 (see photo samples here and here) and the W90 is the latest in the range. For attaching them just tie it to your Buoyancy with a good piece of string.

The Sony ones are good too and come with an attachment to keep them on, but I'd stay away from the Olympias rage, I found the very slow and they have a poor picture quality in comparison to their rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

we have the optio as well and find it fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chammer

the gopro is a superb waterproof and mountable video camera, which is available in high definition. It has an ultra wide-angle lens which almost guarantees that you'll record what you want if its pointed in vaguely the right direction, but means that the picture can sometimes appear a bit distorted.

You should have no trouble isolating a single frame as a still shot if that's what you want, and the HD version allows for pretty good quality stills too (1080 pixels).

see www.gopro.com for more.....

(ps. I don't work for them, but I'm a big fan - a great little camera)

Advertisement